ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Cleaning out the file vault

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/08/10 06:57 AM Views: 1287 Replies: 4
Monday, February 8, 2010 at 6:57 AM

I haven't been able to find any information on this and appologize if you have answered it before. Is there anyway that a check box could be incorporated into the file vault so that we can delete old files in quantity and not just individually? It would make cleaning the file vault much easier and faster. Is this even a possiblity? Thank you!

Monday, February 8, 2010 at 12:29 PM - Response #1

No mass delete option is available currently. Should we make one? My concern there is once deleted, items are really deleted. There is no "recyle bin" or anything like that, which you're used to on a desktop computer in case you make a mistake. We'd be making it very simple to make a really serious mistake.

Edited 02/08/10 12:37 PM
Monday, February 8, 2010 at 2:17 PM - Response #2

Point taken! Thanks!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010 at 4:56 PM - Response #3

Brad, I also need to clean out my File Vault & I understand your point about the risk of permanently deleting the wrong choices. But it's going to take me forever to clean it out, one at a time. Ea one takes several seconds to reset. I'll be here all evening (god forbid!). Any advice? (Suck it up?)Sad

Wednesday, December 1, 2010 at 6:35 PM - Response #4

Hi Dale,

If you have any gallery creator images you want to delete from gallery creator that feature has the ability to select more than one file to delete. Unfortunately the standard file vault does not have that option and they do need to be removed one at a time.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.