Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Missing things on home page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/18/10 05:36 PM Views: 1725 Replies: 11
Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 5:36 PM

Hi, Alot of our home page is missing. Where could it have gone? Thanks, Nancy

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 5:55 PM - Response #1

That's a good question, I have no idea what specifically is missing so you'll need to tell me. Something must have changed in the code that's causing a display problem, or maybe something was inadvertently deleted. Regardless of the problem, the best thing to do is use your built-in page backup feature to restore your home page to the last time it was working correctly.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 5:59 PM - Response #2

Okay, How do I do that...I was not in the edit page at all. Just signed in and most of the page was gone...This is so confusing to me lol

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 6:00 PM - Response #3

Are there any co-Admins who might have edited the page? In any case, right under your page you have a list of the last save dates. Click a recent date and take a look at your home page in the editor window. If all looks good go ahead and save the page. You have now restored your page from one of your built-in backups.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 6:07 PM - Response #4

Hi, I have nothing at the bottom of the page. Just the backround. Everything on the right is there from class creator. Henry is not home, so I dont think he did anything, I left a message on his phone. All the announcements are gone and the playlist thing is gone to...Took me hours and days to do this...I am having a breakdown lol Nancy

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 6:10 PM - Response #5

As with another site recently looks ok in IE but in Safari there is a large blank space with center pane content pushed down below info in the right pane.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 6:15 PM - Response #6

Oh my, Guess I better wait for Brad to tell me what to do. Do you know what to do? Thanks, Nancy

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 7:14 PM - Response #7

Hi, Everthing is back....thanks so much I love Class Creator...nancy

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 8:44 PM - Response #8

HI, everything is gone again...Please help me...Nancy

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 9:39 PM - Response #9

An Administrator went in and permanently deleted the Announcements. Unfortunately when somebody does that we also delete all built-in backup copies of the Announcement. We put up a warning asking if you're really sure you want to permanently delete it. If you click yes to that question box, the announcement is really gone.

I know this is not the answer you're wanting to hear but that's what happened. I've seen this more times than you'd think. Somebody goes into a part of the site, such as the Message Forums or Announcements, and kind of reads them like a personal email. When done reading they delete them, even after the warning box, not ever realizing that they're actually deleting from the entire site itself. Unfortunately once you've permanently deleted something the only recourse is to rekey it back into the system.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 10:17 PM - Response #10

Hello, This is not right, and you should fix it...Nancy

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 10:25 PM - Response #11

Nancy,

Why do you have 15 admins? It seems like an overkill to me.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.