ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Classmates not joined showing as joined

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/21/15 07:32 AM Views: 965 Replies: 7
Monday, December 21, 2015 at 7:32 AM

We have 86 Classmates joined to our site, but when I go to send an "email to class", the option "send to the following who have joined", I have 99. It actually sends to those that have not joined. It looks as though we are sending to anyone we have an email for and not actually joined. I don't think that is what you want to happen. This could look like spam to the service providers.

Monday, December 21, 2015 at 10:49 AM - Response #1

If you entered email addresses for some classmates who have not joined yet, why would you not want to include those you entered email address for in your email the class?

Monday, December 21, 2015 at 11:52 AM - Response #2

I didn't think we could email from CC until those people had joined. It was spam concern for CC. If they want to send without the classmate opting in, then they could be accused of spamming. That was my only concern. It appeared to me that the email went out from CC and not our private emails.

Monday, December 21, 2015 at 12:52 PM - Response #3

Until this apparent glitch is resolved, prior to sending the message you may still individually uncheck the classmates for whom you have an email address but who have not joined the site.

Monday, December 21, 2015 at 1:27 PM - Response #4

As the old saying goes in computer programming, "That's not a bug. That's a feature!" And for most of us, we welcomed back the ability to include those few non-joined classmates we had email addresses for in our site emails.

It may well be that including them in the "Joined" list is a glitch. Perhaps there should also be an option to "Send to all who have an email address in their profile". But since the option to send to those non-joined with an email address was restored, our (and many other's) join count spiked when we were again able to contact those folks directly from the site. And we didn't get even one negative response.

Sure, there might be a few who would tag one of those emails as spam. Just like there might be a few joined members who would tag a notify email about some posted comment they didn't like as spam. But as I see it, the bottom line is the option to add an email address when we have one and include some non-joined classmates in our site emails far outweighs the small negative potential.

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 at 3:46 PM - Response #5

thanks... I will do that, but what about all the other users out there that don't know this. I would think that this would be a high priority for CC, being that they do not what to deal with email providers accusing them of spam... oh well, not much I can do...

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 1:33 PM - Response #6

I'm confused. What is the purpose of 'Joined' / 'Not Joined', particularly when you have the 'Joined On' date?Rolling EyesQuestion

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 3:41 PM - Response #7

Like the options on the home page to display various parts to everyone, to joined members only, or to non-members only, the capability to send an email only to joined members - or to send an email to only non-joined memembers who we've entered an email address for is a valuable tool which has helped us convince some of those procrastinating non-joined classmates to come register and join the fun.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.