ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Problem Editing my Home Page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/17/11 10:06 AM Views: 1044 Replies: 9
Saturday, September 17, 2011 at 10:06 AM

Yesterday I had some trouble editing my Home Page but eventually realized it did work, however, today when I went back and edited again, while it appears correct on the "edit" screen, when I go to the "view" screen while in edit mode, it appears blank. When I click on 'Home Page' it appears blank too. Any suggestions?

Saturday, September 17, 2011 at 10:09 AM - Response #1

I just read my post from a few seconds ago and see that to the left it says Carole I. Mackey Class of 1958, Fenger High School. That is not correct. This post is from Mackenzie High School Class of 1962, Dianne Lowe Smalec

Saturday, September 17, 2011 at 10:58 AM - Response #2

Dianne,

That is strange that it would think you are Carole. Do you even know Carole?

Your website appears blank because of the URL you have posted in your announcements. Internet Explorer doesn't know how to wrap that text, so it doesn't wrap it, so all of the announcements appear at the bottom of the screen. If you scroll down, you will see that the page isn't blank.

To fix this, just edit your home page and change the displayable text (not the actual link) to "Click here for her obituary"

Saturday, September 17, 2011 at 11:02 AM - Response #3

Don't know how my name got on your post, but I suggest you go back to the original and edit it to read the responses should go to you. Otherwise, they may come to me if people don't read your second post.

I'll send any responces on to you if I get them.

This is a puzzle!
Carole

Saturday, September 17, 2011 at 11:04 AM - Response #4

This is a response from Kyle. It came to me so I'm sending it on in case it didn't come to you:

Title: Problem Editing my Home Page
Forum: General Discussion
Date: Saturday, September 17, 2011 at 2:58 PM
Author: Kyle Erickson

Dianne,

That is strange that it would think you are Carole. Do you even know Carole?

Your website appears blank because of the URL you have posted in your announcements. Internet Explorer doesn't know how to wrap that text, so it doesn't wrap it, so all of the announcements appear at the bottom of the screen. If you scroll down, you will see that the page isn't blank.

To fix this, just edit your home page and change the displayable text (not the actual link) to "Click here for her obituary"

Saturday, September 17, 2011 at 12:51 PM - Response #5

The cross-listing of names has happened before. There's a mistake in the code that is not locking the database properly on updates.

Saturday, September 17, 2011 at 3:21 PM - Response #6

Kyle, Thanks for the reply. You said, "To fix this, just edit your home page and change the displayable text (not the actual link) to "Click here for her obituary". I really don't know exactly what you mean....how would I change the displayable text? Do I leave the link alone? Type "Click here...." somewhere else? Can you please give me detailed instructions? Thank you. Dianne

Saturday, September 17, 2011 at 3:35 PM - Response #7

Dianne,

It looks like you got rid of the link.

To avoid the problem in the future, before you paste a link to a website, do the following
in the content editor, position where you want the link,
type "Click Here for more details"
Select "Click Here...."
click INSERT/EDIT LINK button on 2nd row of icons, 6th from right
Paste your link you want to use
Save the link
Save the changes in your editor.

Saturday, September 17, 2011 at 4:19 PM - Response #8

My image button isn't working on editing my home page...any suggestions?

Saturday, September 17, 2011 at 4:25 PM - Response #9

If you are using Internet Explorer, try turning on the browser's TOOL/Compatibility View option. This sometimes fixes this problem.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.