ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Send System Emails to both Primary and Alternate Email Addresses

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 10/23/23 03:46 PM Views: 160 Replies: 3
Monday, October 23, 2023 at 3:46 PM

We just finished our 50th. We're very glad we've used Class Creator all these years, as we had a record turnout thanks to being about to track and connect with so many people.

One of the Biggest issues with contacting classmates this time was that many used their professional emails as their sign-on/primary email long ago. This is the only email address that Class Creator sends out email to. By the 50th, many people have retired and that address is no longer valid; however, folks are confused about how to change it since it's tied to their log-on. We ended up using a 3rd-party tool for bulk email so we could also send it to the alternate email address.

I think a good upgrade would be to still keep the sign-on as an email because it's easy to remember, but have another field for Primary Email and Alternate Email and send out an email to both. Or at least give users the option to send emails to both primary and alternate or one or the other.

If there's a work-around for this, let me know.
Carol

Monday, October 23, 2023 at 4:15 PM - Response #1

The system automatically sends to the primary and all alternate email addresses added.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, October 23, 2023 at 7:53 PM - Response #2

I'm drawing a blank about what happens, but I believe you send an email automatically every 6 momths or so and then report back it the email bounced. I can't remember if you show which email bounced? So how do we know which email bounced when you send to both?

Tuesday, October 24, 2023 at 10:43 AM - Response #3

If there is no activity from a classmate for 6 months and you have that option turned on under Preferences they will get a reminder that it has been 6 months since they made an update. If either email bounces you will see the details of the bounce listed by email address. The bounce list includes a link to their edit details/contact info page as well so you can remove a failed email address if it no longer exists.

It will always include the email address that bounced regardless of the status as primary or alternate.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.