ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Family site and email login?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/17/08 04:53 PM Views: 1871 Replies: 18
Monday, November 17, 2008 at 4:53 PM

Hey Brad,
I just put together a family site. We have a lot of older family members and some do not have computers. My mother for instance. I would love to put in her profile so others can see where she lives and have an address to send cards to but I can't. I would be using my email address. Is it possible for a child to leave a profile update for their parents using the same email?
Thanks! You guys amaze me!! Thanks for the other options!!

Edited 11/17/08 4:54 PM
Monday, November 17, 2008 at 7:20 PM - Response #1

John,

First, would you mind posting your family site link here? If you don't want to I fully understand, but if you dont' mind sharing, I think it's beautifully done and a shining example of what can be created. By the way you can hide that where they live box if you don't want it saying Classmates like that in the dropdown.

Now, to answer your question, why not enter Profile information yourself for these people, and then click on Mange Classmates, and then click the Enter/Edit button, and then toggle over to the second radio button at the top of the page. This will display all Profile details even if the person has not joined the site. This way everyone in your family can see your mother's info, pictures, address, etc. There's no need to put in your own email address there if you do it this way. You have full control over this as the Administrator already.

Edited 11/17/08 7:20 PM
Monday, November 17, 2008 at 7:49 PM - Response #2

Thanks Brad I will give that a shot...
No I don't mind sharing.
http://www.classcreator.com/wichita-ks-south-1900

Edited 11/17/08 8:03 PM
Monday, November 17, 2008 at 8:07 PM - Response #3

also it's worth mentioning that multi family members can have the same email address as long as they have different passwords.

Monday, November 17, 2008 at 8:34 PM - Response #4

Thanks Rick.

Monday, November 17, 2008 at 10:24 PM - Response #5

John Jeff Buss wrote:

Thanks Brad I will give that a shot...
No I don't mind sharing.
http://www.classcreator.com/wichita-ks-south-1900

Very nice!

Saturday, November 22, 2008 at 7:46 AM - Response #6

Your family site is wonderful. You sure you don't do this for a living???? It is great, especially the coloring.

Sunday, November 23, 2008 at 9:42 AM - Response #7

Thank You..... No I don't do it for a living but willing to start. You willing to pay? LOL

Sunday, November 23, 2008 at 10:27 AM - Response #8

What a great site!!

How did you do that coloring for the site....It is beautiful!

Your lay out for the family tree is excellent!

Jim

Sunday, November 23, 2008 at 8:52 PM - Response #9

DEPENDS~~~~HOW MUCH DO YOU CHARGE?????lol

Monday, November 24, 2008 at 10:13 PM - Response #10

I thought I would put in my 2 cents on this - Yes, Jeff's site is very good and I don't mind admitting I stole ideas eg. Family Tree formatting - but I will let you all know that you should put all your info on a Word document then post it to the site. Unfortunately, the site only has double spacing and makes the text a bit 'leggy' - thank you Jeff for that bit of info, I wish I had known that before I added all the info on the site! I have added a number of slide shows and will encouage family members to submit more pictures for the site. This is a great idea and my family members are quite excited that somebody is coordinating this. Little do they know how easy it is!
I'm will to share my family site as well if anyone is interested.
Thanks again to the CC team - we thank you for your tweaking in the 'Family' direction and look forward to more enhancements. Betty

Monday, November 24, 2008 at 10:16 PM - Response #11

Further to the above message - the family website is:

http://www.classcreator.com/Summerland-BC-Summerland-Secondary-1900/class_index.cfm

Remember as most of us are aware this is a work in progress!
Thanks,
Betty

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 at 12:15 AM - Response #12

What do you mean by the site only has double spacing? If you mean in the headings or somewhere like that, just hold down your shift key while pressing enter. This way you'll advance down 1 line instead of 2.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 at 2:07 AM - Response #13

I didn't know that trick! For a page like the Family Tree Page where there are many short lines having a 'single space option button' on the tool bar would be very handy rather than the 'enter/shift' for each line. Just a suggestion.
Thanks
Betty

Friday, November 28, 2008 at 1:10 AM - Response #14

How did you bypass the class year information when you first created your family website? Also, how did you get a picture in BOTH of the upper left and right-hand corners of the top of the page?

Friday, November 28, 2008 at 12:16 PM - Response #15

The answer to both of these questions is to click on your "Edit School/Logos" link. Here you can remove the class year or replace it with any other text of your choice. To put a photo in the upper left and right of your web site, simply upload a photo to both the school photo area, and the school logo area.

Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 11:00 AM - Response #16

I am thinking of adding still another site (I have two at the moment), but it would be for a society. Is it still possible to remove the school year? I didn't see how to do that on the page you mention in your "school/logos" link on November 28. Whoops, I think it only appears on multiple year sites like www.ahs65mexico.com and does not appear on single year sites like www.lville65.com. I think I answered my own question.
Many thanks,
Leigh

Monday, November 19, 2012 at 8:49 AM - Response #17

You can try it for free and see if it will do what you want it to do.

Monday, November 19, 2012 at 9:18 AM - Response #18

I overlooked that option, so thanks for reminding me. I will give it a try.
Leigh

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.