ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

How Can You Control Line Spacing

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/25/10 11:09 PM Views: 1359 Replies: 3
Wednesday, August 25, 2010 at 11:09 PM

We are using one of the optional pages as a Class Newsletter. Line spacing is eratic. It will switch to double spacing and triple spacing randomly. How can we control line spacing?

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 at 11:12 PM - Response #1

That will only happen if you're pasting foreign code into the editor. It's almost always Microsoft Word code. When you copy Word content and paste it onto the web, all kinds of proprietary Word code pastes in the code behind the scenes. If this is the problem here, make sure you use the "Paste from Word" icon instead of the regular paste icon. This will strip out all of the Word code in advance and you won't wind up with these types of problems.

Thursday, August 26, 2010 at 12:19 AM - Response #2

I have looked for that "Paste from Word" button but have never seen it. When/where does it occur?

Also, on the Photo Gallery page you get just after clicking the button in the left margin, the instructions say to click on one of the images, then click on the "Create Your Own Photo Gallery Here" button at the bottom of the page. I've never seen that button where you say it is. I've successfully posted photos, but I've never seen that button & I wonder if my members are confused by that. Where is it?

Thursday, August 26, 2010 at 12:28 AM - Response #3

Dale,

On any content editor window, there is the top line that has SOURCE, then the next button is IMAGE, then the CUT, COPY, and PASTE buttons. Followed by PASTE TEXT and PASTE FROM WORD.

Hint: if you place your mouse over any icon, it will tell you what it does.

PHOTO GALLERY: Add an invisible guest to your website. Login as the guest and you will see what your classmates see, which is what Brad explained - "Create your own photo gallery here" button. Since you are the ADMIN, you won't see that "Create your own...." button.

After you see this message and try it out, you can delete the guest member from your website.

PS. I added a guest to your website and then deleted the guest to try it out.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.