ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Page Looks Different on Explorer 9

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/01/12 09:35 PM Views: 1507 Replies: 5
Friday, June 1, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Why does my page look different in Explorer 9 than it does in Firefox Mozilla?? Should I be editing in Explorer versus Firefox? I currently use Firefox to edit. Most of the pictures I post do not show up on Explorer, they have a box with an red x in it and no picture. Any thoughts???

Saturday, June 2, 2012 at 4:29 PM - Response #1

Do you have an example of a picture that shows with a red X? (give page the picture is found and the name of the picture.)

Firefox and IE and Chrome and other browsers write their own rendering code according to the HTML specifications. In cases where the specifications aren't very clear, the companies are free to choose how they would like the HTML to display.

Probably when you get the red "x", it is because you didn't upload the image to your File Vault and Firefox is still accessing the image from your local hard drive or a local e-mail program.

Saturday, June 2, 2012 at 5:11 PM - Response #2

I find editing in Firefox to be more effecient and faster than IE. But there are some things that IE just does better, so I go from one to the other but mostly I use Firefox. Haven't had the experience of the red "x".
Jim

Saturday, June 2, 2012 at 9:53 PM - Response #3

Kyle I have uploaded to the file vault but i did it in Firefox and not in Explorer. If you go to my home page in Explorer you will see the red X, check it out.

Saturday, June 2, 2012 at 9:55 PM - Response #4

Jim I like Firefox also and find it more forgiving and also a lot faster than Explorer. This is the first time I have noticed this on the home page.

Saturday, June 2, 2012 at 10:28 PM - Response #5

If you go to Internet Explorer, right-click on one of the boxes with the red-X, then click PROPERTIES, you will see the address of where the image is stored. If it doesn't start with "http://www.ursulineclassof60.com", it isn't in your file vault.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.