ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

STATISTICS: "Inactive" Count = Total Count?

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 06/04/09 01:29 PM Views: 1860 Replies: 7
Thursday, June 4, 2009 at 1:29 PM

Hi, you've probably been asked this question many times, but I am confused about my "Percentage of Active/Inactive Classmates."

Our graduating class size was 492, and we've added a few classmates who "woulda/coulda/shoulda" walked across the stage with us at graduation. Since our overall total count is really 506, then we've added 14 (not as Guests, but as actual Classmates).

1. If our current Active Classmates equal 114, shouldn't our Inactive Classmates equal 392 instead of the total 506?

2. The Active Classmates count shouldn't include Teachers and Guests, right?

Our site continues to grow, and we're loving it! Thanks for all you do.

Thursday, June 4, 2009 at 2:24 PM - Response #1

Download your class list:

1) Click Manage Classmates
2) Click the Download Classmates button
3) Open file in Excel

You'll see you have 620 living Classmates in the system. I'm not sure where you're getting your #'s from, but in any case 620 is exactly how many you have. The Active Classmates pie chart only factors in actual Classmates (no guests, no teachers), and only living Classmates (i.e. people who could possibly join your site). So in your case, all percentages are based off of the 620 living members you've added to your site.

Edited 06/04/09 5:13 PM
Thursday, June 4, 2009 at 3:21 PM - Response #2

Yes, I see that now. I guess that we added more classmates than I figured. Thank you for researching the numbers for me.

Friday, September 21, 2012 at 5:40 PM - Response #3

Is there an easy way to generate a list of names of the inactive people? The only way I see to do it is to go through and manually sort through the list. Since we are starting to rev up for our 50th a year from now, I want to send out an email including a list of everyone who has not joined the site so their friends can encourage them to do so.
TX for any help on this!

Friday, September 21, 2012 at 6:18 PM - Response #4

I think what you want is the Manage Classmates, Download Class List, then choose the fields you want, including the "Last Login" and "Joined On",

Then you can sort on the "Joined On" and those without a date will be the "Inactive" because they haven't joined yet.

Is that what you are wanting? You can also do secondary-sort on Last Name so that the spreadsheet will be in order by JOINED ON, and then LAST NAME.

Friday, September 21, 2012 at 6:25 PM - Response #5

That should do it, thanks. I was playing with the "last login" and "joined on", but hadn't thought of dealing with the "empty set" in that way. If that doesn't work, I'll let you know, but I think you nailed it again! I appreciate it!
D.

Friday, September 21, 2012 at 6:52 PM - Response #6

You're welcome!

Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 9:56 AM - Response #7

It worked with the secondary sort. TX.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.