ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

No Notification of Birthdays

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/17/20 06:34 PM Views: 866 Replies: 13
Wednesday, June 17, 2020 at 6:34 PM

I have had some classmates to inform me that they are not receiving any notifications for the up coming Birthdays. I have checked everything that I know to check, and sent two emails to Class Creator admins, with no reply on either.

Anyone know anything that I could do to fix the problem, please let me know.

Thanks

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 at 7:49 PM - Response #1

These should now be working. Have him check his spam and junk folders.

Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 1:18 AM - Response #2

Scott,
does the notification go out for all birthdays or just those classmates you follow?

Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 6:17 PM - Response #3

Just those you follow.

Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 7:55 PM - Response #4

But.... all birthday notifications appear on whats new, yes?

Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 8:06 PM - Response #5

Yes if the classmate allows their birthday to be shared it will appear on what's new again now.

Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at 2:30 PM - Response #6

InterestingSad

As I just had a birthday and was updating TerraLinda1969.com, I noticed that my recent birthday does not appear on our What's New page, nor does it appear on my profile, even though I have the following checked in my profile:

Birthday: Allow Classmates to view my Birthday. This option allows Classmates to see your Date of Birth in your Profile.

I wonder how many other classmates have the option selected but their birthdays are not showing?

What gives?

Edited 12/02/20 2:31 PM
Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at 4:03 PM - Response #7

Hi Kathleen,

You just need to add your birthday under Member Functions > Edit Contact Information.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, December 3, 2020 at 9:52 AM - Response #8

I'm confused (what else is new?)

If I look at my profile details as I would any other classmate:

Edit Site Pages
Classmate Profiles
Manage Classmate
Click on my name
Edit Details
My birthday has been/is in my profile

Also, if I download the Class List my birthday appears

So if my birthday has been/is in my profile, why doesn't it show in my "contact information" under Edit Contact Information?

Thursday, December 3, 2020 at 11:39 AM - Response #9

It must be added in your own profile to be considered active. If it was added in the admin section only the system will store it, however, it is not considered shareable unless the classmate has entered it in their own Contact information when they join or when they edit it under Member Functions

Thursday, December 3, 2020 at 7:43 PM - Response #10

Thanks Jessica. Since I uploaded the classmates from a download from the "old" website, and I established the "new" website, I never actually "joined"; hence the issue.

Wednesday, March 24, 2021 at 8:49 PM - Response #11

On our site, birthday notifications appear on What's New (renamed "The Wall") and these notifications seem to prompt or generate many of our classmate discussions.

Usually when a missing birthday notification happens the cause was missing information in the profile or contact information.

One classmate said he has done the following:
I have checked my profile and have “ allow classmates from our class of ‘65 to see my profile”. Also checked, “allow classmates to view my birthday”. I also checked “contact information” and the birth date entered is correct.

Is there something else that should be checked (I'm not able to view everything entered by a classmate) or is there a way that I can force the notification of his birthday on April 3? I would like to be able help. My classmates seem almost embarrassed complaining about things like this but I know it is important to them. I also assume there are others who have not complained. Please advise.

Wednesday, March 24, 2021 at 9:06 PM - Response #12

Hi Alison,

It sounds like everything is right. Can you tell me the first initial of the first name and the last name of the classmate so I can check into this for you?

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, March 25, 2021 at 8:40 PM - Response #13

Hi Jessica,

I'm sorry I missed your response. Much to my surprise this morning I noticed his name (begins with B) in the Upcoming Birthdays list. I asked him if he had made any changes while checking. He replied that all he did was mention in his profile the fact that he has grandchildren. I don't understand how such a change could have corrected the missing birthday problem. Also, I didn't think it was possible for a birthday to just "slip into the line" as his did.

Was anything done by CC to correct this? If so, thank you. If not, I guess we will just happily accept the result.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.