ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Home page changed

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/30/13 11:50 AM Views: 800 Replies: 15
Monday, December 30, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Help Brad or Scott,
I am away from home for a week and just took a look at my site on an iPad. The front page spacing has changed. It was fine when I left home. I even restored an old backup just now and it is still wrong. It is the width of the page that has changed.
Could one of you please take a look and possibly fix it for me. I sure don't want it to look like this for the next week.
Thank you.
Tracey

Edited 12/30/13 12:22 PM
Monday, December 30, 2013 at 12:21 PM - Response #1

I changed your red box table from 450 width to 430 width and it fixed your problem.

Monday, December 30, 2013 at 12:30 PM - Response #2

I see that your width change fixed the top of the page but there is still a big gap.
Does it have to be 430 width? That changes the spacing of the text and it doesn't look right having just one word on a line. I spent a lot of time getting the text just right.
Appreciate you taking another look please.
Thank you, Tracey

Monday, December 30, 2013 at 1:04 PM - Response #3

I fixed all of your vertical big gap problems. You can experiment to see if wider than 430 works, but I know that 430 does work, so the problem is fixed.

Monday, December 30, 2013 at 1:11 PM - Response #4

Thank you very much Brad. You are so quick to respond and that is very much appreciated.
Just curious....any idea why this happened when I didn't change anything?.

Monday, December 30, 2013 at 1:46 PM - Response #5

The name is Kyle. Different browsers display content differently.

Monday, December 30, 2013 at 1:51 PM - Response #6

So sorry Kyle. I have brain fog. Happy New Year. Thanks again.

Monday, December 30, 2013 at 4:14 PM - Response #7

Not a problem. Just wanted you to know who you were dealing with. Happy New Year to you, too! You're welcome!

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 at 9:23 PM - Response #8

Hi Kyle. I have the same problem on our class of 1961 site, but I don't know what you mean by changing the red box settings ? I added some post on the Home page and now there are some big spaces between the upper items. Gary

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 at 12:05 AM - Response #9

Kyle was talking about the "red" table with text at the top.

There are a bunch of empty paragraph lines < p > < /p > (no spaces) at the top. You should be able to use the delete key on the home page. Put your cursor at the top and press the Delete key. Sometimes using the Backspace key at the the end works better.

The next spacing is caused by the images in the announcement being expanded from 390 wide to 700 and 750 wide. That moves everything below the right side content hence the next gap. Start with 390 and maybe move up to 430. Announcements have built in "padding" so the image width is less.

Edited 01/29/14 12:05 AM
Wednesday, January 29, 2014 at 12:16 AM - Response #10

Your problem might be related to your ghts Of The Month and PEF entries. They are 700 and 750 pixels wide, respectively. The max width for items on the home page is about 430 pixels as Kyle noted above.

You can change their widths in the edit mode. Right click on them and then open Image Properties. Make sure the padlock to the right of the width and height entries is locked and then change the width. The height will adjust automatically to maintain the proper proportion. Save your changes and revisit the home page to see if the problem has been corrected.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 at 4:28 PM - Response #11

I just received the first post here dated Dec 30, 2013.

It's quite common lately to get week old posts when I post in a topic.

Does it matterQuestion

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 at 5:33 PM - Response #12

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

I just received the first post here dated Dec 30, 2013.

It's quite common lately to get week old posts when I post in a topic.

Does it matterQuestion

Same with me. Happens all the time of late. Doesn't matter though as I frequent these fora. It is somewhat annoying though to think that there is something new when it is just yesterday's headlines being announced.

Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 10:33 PM - Response #13

Thank you.. I did get the space at the top deleted, but I've tried everything and still can't get the space between the class photo and top note deleted? Guess it won't really matter..Thanks again..Gary

Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 10:35 PM - Response #14

Thanks Jack... I did try some of your ideas, and think it improved some, but I still can't get the space above the class photo on Home page deleted, as I said in above post..I know very little about web design/upkeep..ha Gary

Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 10:44 PM - Response #15

The home page no longer is showing the announcement with the images causing the problem. Maybe you made it so one has to be logged in to see it?

Without seeing it again here are general instructions for how to fix. Reduce the size of the images shown to 390.

Click on the image, then click the right mouse button. Select image properties from the popup menu on the bottom.

Click the "padlock" icon and then key in 390 for the width. Do this for each image.

Save. Should all work now. If you show the announcement again we can spot anything else that might need adjustment.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.