ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Uploading letter from email

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/23/14 04:39 PM Views: 1008 Replies: 5
Friday, May 23, 2014 at 4:39 PM

I have been trying to upload information from a pdf file onto one of my pages and the only thing that posts is the URL....not the information or photo. HELP!

Friday, May 23, 2014 at 5:03 PM - Response #1

You can upload a PDF to the File Vault through the Link button, but you can only create a link to the PDF for download. You cannot display the PDF as an image. If you wish to do that, you need to make a jpg or gif copy of the PDF, but you should still link that to the actual PDF for your member to download and print.

Friday, May 23, 2014 at 5:57 PM - Response #2

Thank you Scott, but are you saying I cannot show the information on the page for members to read?

Friday, May 23, 2014 at 10:37 PM - Response #3

You might be able to copy and paste the info. If that is not working and you do not have a program to change the pdf to a WORD doc, maybe one of us can help you.

First, is there special fonts and graphics you want to use, Judy? If so, I would go with Scott's suggestion in making a jpg of it.

You can:
- if you have Windows 7 use the Snipping tool;
- download a free program JING;
- or if you are not comfortable using something new, send it to me and I'll make one for you. I can send you the TAP email address to receive it.

Friday, May 23, 2014 at 11:13 PM - Response #4

Yes you can display a PDF on a page using a google tool. Here's an example LINK and the code used is

replace the PDF link www.axmag.com with yours and adjust the width/height for your page.

This needs to be put in FAQ since this question comes up frequently. (I've posted this before. Example is from earlier solution I made.)

Judy Willerton wrote:

Thank you Scott, but are you saying I cannot show the information on the page for members to read?

Edited 05/23/14 11:15 PM
Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 5:17 PM - Response #5

Thanks Jack. I forgot about that tool. I has to be done via an embed code.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.