ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

In Memory Notifications

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 07/24/13 10:45 AM Views: 994 Replies: 12
Wednesday, July 24, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Any chance you could change the wording on In Memory (or In Memoriam as I renamed mine) notifications?

I just added some more to an existing entry but the notification that goes out says it's a new entry that's been added. It's likely to confuse a few people who'll no doubt let me know about it!

Thanks.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 at 5:11 PM - Response #1

Please copy and paste the exact message that is on the current notification here so I can review.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 at 5:14 PM - Response #2

Sorry, Scott, I never kept a copy.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 at 5:29 PM - Response #3

From my test site, I "eliminated" a test member. I just received the notification and it reads: •   A Classmate has been added to In Memory

Is this the message you wish to revise?

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 at 6:29 PM - Response #4

Soory, Scott. I wasn't thinking. I could have done that myself.

Yes, that was the notification message I got when I added to an existing deceased entry.

Thanks.

Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 11:55 AM - Response #5

I am not understanding the confusion. I read that to be a clear message that "A Classmate has been added to In Memory"

I'm not sure what (or why) we would change.

Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 12:50 PM - Response #6

The point is, Scott, that Classmates would already have been notified of the entry when his death was first announced. They are now receiving the same message as if it's a new entry, when it isn't. All I've done is added something to the original one. Hope that's clearer.

Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 2:34 PM - Response #7

Just happened yesterday: I posted "In Memory" for one of the faculty from the 70's who passed away last month. Started getting emails that I must've put her into the system incorrectly as a student, because the notice says "Classmate". Is it possible to change the notification to say "Faculty" if the deceased was a teacher?

Friday, July 26, 2013 at 12:35 PM - Response #8

Unfortunately, there is not an easy way to do this. You would need to set the member up as a teacher, and then move them into the In Memory section again and then remove the original account.

Friday, July 26, 2013 at 1:18 PM - Response #9
Screen Shot 2013-07-26 at 1.17.00 PM.png

BJ Bailey *was* set up as member of the faculty...NOT as a classmate. The notification doesn't indicate that she was faculty.

Edited 07/26/13 1:20 PM
Friday, July 26, 2013 at 1:19 PM - Response #10
Screen Shot 2013-07-25 at 6.47.45 AM.png

In my previous message, you can see that BJ Bailey is Faculty. And in the "In Memory" notice, you can see the reference of Classmate.

Friday, July 26, 2013 at 2:57 PM - Response #11

Thanks for the screencap. I can share that with the programmers to see if they can adjust.

Friday, July 26, 2013 at 4:48 PM - Response #12

I do not know how soon we can adjust for this but it has been added to the list. Thanks for letting us know.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.