ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

The Party's Over and I'm spent!

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/11/09 06:03 PM Views: 1232 Replies: 1
Friday, September 11, 2009 at 6:03 PM

Our Reunion was a success! Everyone came up to me and congratulated me on the web and the whole reunion! I tried to tell the it was a team effort and I wasn't alone. There were several that came in and did simple thing that helped me a lot.
The president of the class, his wife and another woman have kept our class together all these 40 years. The last reunion they got anonymous bad mouthings and letters!

So my accolades were sort of bittersweet because everyone worked so hard and I got most of the credit. (plus the fact I'm from the generation that isn't supposed to take praise.)

It was a perfect reunion. The weather although rainy, stayed nice. The golf tournament was the only thing postponed. Our music "jam" had a good turn out and as luck would have it ... the replicas of the Nina and Pinta made an unexpected docking at the venue where we had our mixer. Some of us went back up after the music jam and toured the "ships".

My question is ... What now?

[list]
They want me to get a report together on prices for the website for several more years. (Is that posted or do I need to call?)
The same with Smile Box (Do you have plans for the site that we would not have to use Smile Box?)
Do you have a list of all the changes you intend to make on here somewhere I can read or print off?
Is there things to do before closing down the reunion site pages?
If I read it correctly, if I close it ... it gets erased? Or can I back up things? How?
Does anyone have suggestions or experiences to share and wish they did different?
Do you make regular changes in the off years on the site?
They are talking about links. Especially, to a foundation page for the school. (Good or bad idea?)
What keeps up interest in your site?

[/list]
I have some ideas, but, wondering if I want to continue. Did any of you feel that way?
There was a riff just before the reunion. Someone tried to take a page over for donations. I felt we were getting enough flack about the price of $50 per person and were thanking me in the emails for not asking for donations.
The person tried to bring it up in a meeting just 2 days before and he was told to leave it alone until after the reunion.

I cc the exchange of words to the head of the committee and a week later with just a few days left ... I got a call to let him have it.

So I am debating on long term with this. I just want to get it back together now and needed some direction.

Thanks,
N

Friday, September 11, 2009 at 6:12 PM - Response #1

Norma Baron wrote:

They want me to get a report together on prices for the website for several more years. (Is that posted or do I need to call?)
See this link : http://www.classcreator.com/pr.cfm

The same with Smile Box (Do you have plans for the site that we would not have to use Smile Box?)
There is a Photo Gallery that will be released soon where classmates can upload their photos to be shared. I don't know what Smile Box does, but it is probably similar

Do you have a list of all the changes you intend to make on here somewhere I can read or print off?
The TASK LIST is not published, but announced in this Admin Forum

Is there things to do before closing down the reunion site pages?
If I read it correctly, if I close it ... it gets erased?
Not true. If you close the reunion, it is backed up and the data can be reviewed (but not modified)
N

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.