ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

First of the Year - time to download your class data?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/01/11 08:19 PM Views: 1515 Replies: 10
Saturday, January 1, 2011 at 8:19 PM

Happy New Year!

Just as it's a good time for your class members to update the data they have on file at your website, it's also a great time to download the class data and save a copy to indicate where you were "at the beginning of the year" as you look back during the course of 2011.

Under "Admin Functions"
Choose "Manage Classmates"
Select "Download Class list"
Choose "Save" and add the date to the default save name of "class_list"

Other things to do at the beginning of the year?
Write down the mileage on the odometer
Get on the scale and write it down
Resolve to have the best reunion ever for your class!

Saturday, January 1, 2011 at 9:01 PM - Response #1

I actually did this yesterday because I thought "What IF people get in there and decide to take out their data?". Some are so strange about this! So I have it as of 12/31/10.

I should take a look at that odometer, but dang it, I do NOT want to get on the scales, Coach!

DKD

Saturday, January 1, 2011 at 11:16 PM - Response #2

Pardon my ignorance, what are the scales? I think I know (charts of hits on the site?) but remind me.
Lara

Saturday, January 1, 2011 at 11:28 PM - Response #3

The "scale"? Embarassed

The device that reports on how well your diet is going (or not going), Lara. Rolling Eyes

The odometer is the mileage indicator usually found below the speedometer in your vehicle. Wink

Edited 01/01/11 11:30 PM
Sunday, January 2, 2011 at 12:26 AM - Response #4

I'm not blonde, really, I'm not. LOL. With all the talk of the website I was not so quick to get the rest. But I will now. Lara

Sunday, January 2, 2011 at 12:45 AM - Response #5

Excellent idea Denise! [saving on 12-31]
I have that reminder in my 'electronic memory' for the end of 2011.
What are your thoughts John?

Sunday, January 2, 2011 at 1:04 AM - Response #6

I think it's great! Added it to my calendar for next New Year's Eve, too. Maybe CC will schedule an automatic email to all active accounts as a reminder?

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 at 11:55 AM - Response #7

Forgive my ignoranceConfused, but will the data be saved on the CC server or on my computer, or both? If the server, how do we access it?

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 at 11:59 AM - Response #8

Hi Dave:

Welcome to the Help Forums. Forgot to mention in our exchange of emails that I've been to Medford a number of times... Great town! And Home to Harry & David, of course.

Quote:

Under "Admin Functions"
Choose "Manage Classmates"
Select "Download Class list" (Select the file format of Excel or CSV Comma-separated Values)
Choose "Save" and add the date to the default save name of "class_list"

Follow those steps and it will save the file on your PC/Mac.

Edited 01/25/11 12:00 PM
Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 6:04 PM - Response #9

So sad... I've been trying to download my class file ALL day -- in ALL formats... The page just gets about half way there and quits. It's taking more than 30 minutes to get to half way. I'm a very patient person, but this is getting ridulous -- and I've never had a problem before! Please help!!!!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 9:28 PM - Response #10

Issue also raised in another thread here, there has to be something going on with that function. A programmer will look at this in the morning and resolve.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.