ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Playing Music

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/07/10 07:55 PM Views: 1837 Replies: 17
Sunday, February 7, 2010 at 7:55 PM

I have read so much about playing music while viewing a page, but I am still not understanding how to make it happen.
Could you look and tell me what I am doing wrong on my "Old School Pictures" page?
I haven't been able to figure out how to have music play automatically when you open the home page . So, I thought I would just embed a player on my "Old School Pictures" page and let the people push play to play "Eye of the Tiger", since that seemed easier to do. Apparently, I am not understanding this either, because I am definately doing something wrong.
I am sorry I am not understanding this very well and would appreciate any help.
Thank you, Frances

Monday, February 8, 2010 at 11:08 PM - Response #1

I don't know where you got your music embed code, but it isn't working. No parts of it are recognizable to me.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010 at 12:26 AM - Response #2

Do you mean the song "Eye of the Tiger"? I purchased it from I Tunes. I tried to attach it, but it is too large. It is a m4a file.

The player I used by going to a site that I think you recommended to someone else. I used the google media player.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010 at 1:30 AM - Response #3

That player cannot play iTunes files. You'd have to convert your iTunes song to an mp3. It's easy to do that but unfortunately we can't give recommendating for converting iTunes music to formats you're planning to post for somebody else's listening. They have extremely strict copyright statements about what you can and cant' do with iTunes-purchased music.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010 at 9:22 AM - Response #4

Thank you, that I know how to do. I will let you know if I'm still having problems after I convert it. Frances

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 10:04 AM - Response #5

Ok, I have the correct format for the song, but I'm still not doing it right. Please help, I'm just not getting it.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 12:25 PM - Response #6

Ok, let's take it one step at a time. First, make sure you've done the following:

1) Upload your mp3 to your File Vault
2) When it's highlighted click the Insert link
3) Insert a link to the mp3 on your page
4) Save

The mp3 will now play when you click on it. I know you want to ultimately embed it and we'll do that next. First let's just et that far.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 3:14 PM - Response #7

I have already gotten that far. When I push play on the player the songs plays, but you cannot view the pictures. I believe I linked it just the way you have instructed, so I hope I am now ready for the next step

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 4:46 PM - Response #8

Frances,

I have embedded the Eye of the Tiger on your page. I have AutoStart turned on. If you want your classmates to have to click the play button, I can change it for you.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 7:23 PM - Response #9

That is actually just the way I wanted it. But, where was I going wrong, because I want to add more music to the home page and other pages?
Thank you so much!!!!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 7:56 PM - Response #10

I just used the code found in this forum and changed the URL name between the quotes of the src= part.

http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?messageid=E4AFA45D-F4FD-09FB-F7F4E6DCD71E45B0#E4AFA45D-F4FD-09FB-F7F4E6DCD71E45B0

Thursday, February 11, 2010 at 10:32 PM - Response #11

Thank you so much, I am actually starting to get it. I actually added one song to a couple other pages. However, I still have a few more questions. I didn't think you had the player showing on the page and when I did put in the song the player is now showing. How do you keep it from showing?
My other question is about playlists. I read where you recommend playlist.com, but I was working with rhapsody and used theirs. It works great, but once again the player is showing.
Thank you for being so patient with me and for all your help. Frances

Thursday, February 11, 2010 at 11:45 PM - Response #12

Frances,

If you click on the SOURCE button, you can see the codes for the player. One of the codes says width and then a numeric value for width. If you change the width to 1, it is almost invisible. You might also want to change the height to 1. The reason not to use 0 is because then the music doesn't play on some browsers. If it is 1, then it will still play.

Friday, February 12, 2010 at 12:25 AM - Response #13

Thank you, It worked great for the single songs I used, but Rhapsody's playlist won't change. Can you not change the size for them or will it only change if you use playlist.com? Frances

Friday, February 12, 2010 at 8:31 AM - Response #14

Where is your Rhapsody's playlist. Is it still on the "old school photos" page?

Usually, playlists have 3 or 4 widths that need to change. Make sure you find all of them.

Friday, February 12, 2010 at 9:43 AM - Response #15

Yes, I have one on the Old School Photos and on the 30 year reunion page. I notice there were several widths and changed them all, but they would just revert back to their numbers after I push save changes.

Friday, February 12, 2010 at 10:23 AM - Response #16

OK, I changed the width and heights to 1. It is holding. I also removed the links to GET RINGTONES, etc.

Edited 02/12/10 10:29 AM
Friday, February 12, 2010 at 5:47 PM - Response #17

Thank you, I see exactly what you did and understand. I put a playlist on two other pages and it worked perfectly! Thank you again!!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.