ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Missing Password

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/20/19 04:33 PM Views: 484 Replies: 7
Saturday, July 20, 2019 at 4:33 PM

One classmate's (John Cella) profile does not show his password How can I access it in order to change it so he can log in?

Saturday, July 20, 2019 at 6:20 PM - Response #1

A couple of conditions could cause what you might be seeing.

If John is an administrator and you are not the root administrator it may explain what you are seeing. Assuming that to be the case only the root administrator can make the change.

Additionally, if the conditions described above are true you can also not see the e-mail address field.

Edited 07/20/19 6:21 PM
Saturday, July 20, 2019 at 6:38 PM - Response #2

I am the administrator and John is a regular classmate. I can see his e-mail, but the field for password does not display so I can’t change it

Saturday, July 20, 2019 at 7:20 PM - Response #3
Password.JPG

That's bizarre and something with which Class Creator will need to help.

I've attached what I see when I access a member's contact information on a site for which I am a co-admin. Both e-mail and password fields appear ok.

Saturday, July 20, 2019 at 10:06 PM - Response #4

Pete Grady wrote:

I am the administrator and John is a regular classmate. I can see his e-mail, but the field for password does not display so I can’t change it

When I see that, it means that classmate has not joined yet - even though someone did add an email address in his details - and may have entered other details or even some profile info for him as well. That seems to be the case here. You can click on his name in the class list and it will ask you (or him) to join.

Also, when that's the case, there won't be a Join date shown in his details either.

Saturday, July 20, 2019 at 10:50 PM - Response #5

If he has not joined as John suggests you can and must enter a password if you select "No" for show on class list. I presume that you can then restore him to being shown and that the password will remain.You must convey to him the e-mail address and password with which to log on. Don't know if this will register as having joined the site or not.

Once again, as John suggests, it would eliminate uncertainties that the above might generate and reduce the amount of back and forth communication if you invited him to join and he did so.

Sunday, July 21, 2019 at 12:14 AM - Response #6

John Ralph got it right. If you go to Manage Classmates, Enter/Edit Classmates and search for his name, you will see nothing in the Last Login column. John hasn’t joined, so he doesn’t have a password and hasn’t done the Member Wizard yet.

Tell John Cella to find and click his name on the Classmate Profiles Page, click Join Now and complete the Member Wizard.

Thursday, July 25, 2019 at 3:13 AM - Response #7

Thank you. I will follow up with John

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.