ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

details of one classmate replacing details of another

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/16/13 11:42 AM Views: 897 Replies: 2
Wednesday, January 16, 2013 at 11:42 AM

The other day I did some editing on a classmates details page (added a photo and a paragraph for them). All seemed well.

Later I noticed that this classmate now appears twice in the "Classmate Profiles" page. The first entry is her profile as it should now be after the edit. The second entry is her details and another classmate's profile and photos. There is now no entry in the "Classmate Profiles" page for the second classmate. I have done no editing on the second classmate. It's as though the details page of the first classmate replicated itself and then replaced the details page of the second classmate.

How can this happen? Did I do something? What can I do to recover the details page of the 2nd classmate so I can correct this? A million thanks for any help anyone can give!

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 at 12:05 PM - Response #1

It's worse than I thought. The 2nd classmate's profile seems to be totally trashed. I have a printout of her profile from last June and unless she has made wholesale changes since then, there is a bunch of text and photos missing. Is there a way to restore this profile from a system backup? Short of starting all over from scratch for this classmate, I'm not sure what I can do to correct this.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 at 12:14 PM - Response #2

Can you give us the names of the two classmates whose profiles are involved? Also, you way want to turn off the Form Autofill feature in your web browser.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.