ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly...

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 02/24/09 05:20 PM Views: 1236 Replies: 5
Tuesday, February 24, 2009 at 5:20 PM

The Good...
We have a few that we have deemed "Honorary Grads". For one reason or another they didn't graduate with us, but went to school with us, some for many years. (You can look at my home page to see what I mean, they are listed there).

My suggestion is to make an icon (yes I know, another one) or maybe a check box or something that will show they are an honorary grad.

The Bad and Ugly...
We also have 3 that are currently in prison. For this reason I don't want them to show on the missing classmate page (I know where they are). For now I have entered my email in their spot, just so that it will not show them as missing.

My suggestion is to make another check box like the "show on class list yes/no", for "show on missing list yes/no".

Tuesday, February 24, 2009 at 6:45 PM - Response #1

The good: While we can't make that a standard icon (doesn't apply to enough classes), you'll be able to make your own icon in the future and do precisely this. See this thread for more info about that.

The bad: As we've taken in literally several hundred user requests, we can't consider the custom icon a high priority task. Thus it will be some time until this is available. Far too "out there" to even guesstimate an ETA right now.

The ugly: You can fix your "ugly situation" far easier than addding your own email address in the email address field of imprisoned Classmates. Instead just type in "notmissing". Voila, ugly problem solved.

Edited 02/24/09 6:46 PM
Tuesday, February 24, 2009 at 7:12 PM - Response #2

Thank you! I thought it would only take an email address in that field. Now I know!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009 at 8:56 PM - Response #3

If you click on Edit Site Pages, and then click the Edit button next to your Missing Classmates page, the instructions for this are actually right there. It's somewhat of a hidden feature though, because the majority of people never go into that page and change their Missing Classmate criteria -- they just use the default.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 at 2:10 AM - Response #4

I have a few ugly in my class that are in prison. My high school took them off our roster, I put them right back on the site. I felt since they did graduate, all 3 went to college too. People make mistakes, some a little more than others!! Most of my classmates have no clue that these people are in prison. I guess if they have internet access I will cross that bridge. I do have a issue with personal info out there from classmates that these 3 might do something with. I figured if I got a request to verify, i might be really slow.

: )

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 at 3:39 AM - Response #5

That is a good point about the personal info. I will do that too. None of the 3 of mine have signed up yet. I agree with you, they did graduate and people make mistakes. And, like you, a lot don't know they are there.

Brad, I had edited my Missing Classmate page and didn't read that. I'm sorry! I wasn't paying attention. I should have known that you guys would be on top of it. I am so happy with the class creator site, and can't say enough good things about it. Job well done!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.