ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

ADMINISTRATORS

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/15/09 09:41 AM Views: 1290 Replies: 2
Wednesday, April 15, 2009 at 9:41 AM

Can I add another administrator(s) (I am the current admin) to the class website?

If needed, could I make another classmate the admin?

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 at 10:44 AM - Response #1

Matt Corbin wrote:

Can I add another administrator(s) (I am the current admin) to the class website?

If needed, could I make another classmate the admin?

Matt,
Yes, you can give admin responsibility to another classmate; as many as you'd like, actually.

Log-in to the site and on the left hand side of the screen, click on Manage Classmates. Then click on the Enter/Edit Classmates button. Find the name of the classmate you wish to make an admin and click on the Details link to the right of their name. Scroll almost the whole way to the bottom of that screen and look for the Grant Admin Access block. Click in that block and then save the profile. The site will take you back to the classmate list and if you again find that classmate's name in the list, you will notice that the word 'Admin' now appears in the far right column.

Hope this helps!
Vicki

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 at 11:45 AM - Response #2

Hi Matt,

Only the Root Administrator, typically the person who created the site or someone who was assigned Root Admin. ability by the person who created the site, has the option to add new administrators. On your site the Root Administrator's initials are RL - she would need to follow the steps Vicki listed above to add a new admin.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.