ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

The website is a mess on Internet Explorer

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/25/12 08:26 AM Views: 1276 Replies: 7
Saturday, August 25, 2012 at 8:26 AM

When we view our website on IE, nothing is formatted correctly, and it is impossible to register because much of it is covered by the menu on the right.

I typically use Firefox, and for the most part, everything looks ok with that browser (occasional minor problems with that browser, too, though). But, IE is a mess!

What can we do about this?

Edited 08/25/12 8:44 AM
Saturday, August 25, 2012 at 8:44 AM - Response #1

Ok, I spent a minute or two browsing around, and I have the answer, lol. I guess I should have done that before posting!

So, it is a result of the new IE9 update, and our best bet is to use a different browser or try to view the website in compatibility mode.

Is that right?

Saturday, August 25, 2012 at 9:12 AM - Response #2

So, I've tried going to compatibility mode, and it only marginally improved the problems. It is still a mess.

I guess at this point, our best bet is to tell people not to view the website in IE9?

Any suggestions?

Saturday, August 25, 2012 at 9:53 AM - Response #3

You were using the HTML tag of <_pre_> (without the underline characters.). I removed those codes and it formats fine now in IE.

Saturday, August 25, 2012 at 12:00 PM - Response #4

Ooohh, thank you!! Smile

Saturday, August 25, 2012 at 1:29 PM - Response #5

You're welcome

Saturday, September 1, 2012 at 11:01 AM - Response #6

Hey Kyle,
Can you look at my page as well? A few of my classmates are saying they can't see anything but my background and I am suspecting they are using IE as well. They do not see the page just all the U's on my page. Thanks for looking!

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 at 10:17 AM - Response #7

I'm having no difficulty loading and viewing your page in IE.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.