ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Email Bounceback

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/17/10 09:50 PM Views: 1583 Replies: 2
Monday, May 17, 2010 at 9:50 PM

I toggled on the registration and pay only button in the Reunion Planner yesterday. Someone registered this morning and the Order Confirmation Email that I receive is being bounced back. The classmate made a mistake in the quantity..so I deleted the order and did a new one. That email has bounced back, too. I got the registration email.
I get all the other emails from the site forwarded. I haven't changed my email forwarding.
I'm puzzled??? Rolling Eyes Any ideas, why???QuestionQuestionQuestion
Here's the message I got from the bounceback
Bounceback

Date    05/17/10
Name    Webmaster Darlene
Email    austinhighschoolreunion646566@comcast.net
From    postmaster@chg02wef02.prod.dm.local
Subject    Delivery Status Notification (Failure)
Body    This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, due to being unable to connect successfully to the destination mail server.

austinhighschoolreunion646566@comcast.net

I just did a test. I toggled on the registration and pay later option. I registered and order. I got the Reunion Order Confirmation Email immediately.
I file and keep all the order Confirmation emails.
Could you please look into this ASAP!
Thanx,

Edited 05/17/10 10:07 PM
Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 1:07 AM - Response #1

Unfortunately for whatever reason Comcast's email server was not responding, resulting in the bounceback. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about things like this. I suspect whatever happened there was brief. Although things like this are rare, computers aren't always flawless. FYI you getting your copy of the registration has nothing to do with their copy bouncing. If they need an email copy of the registration I'd forward the copy you received to them.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 1:17 AM - Response #2

Brad Switzer wrote:

Unfortunately for whatever reason Comcast's email server was not responding, resulting in the bounceback. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about things like this. I suspect whatever happened there was brief. Although things like this are rare, computers aren't always flawless. FYI you getting your copy of the registration has nothing to do with their copy bouncing. If they need an email copy of the registration I'd forward the copy you received to them.

I understand that. It's not the classmates Reunion Order Confirmation that bounced back...it was my copy. I will go back and see if the email bounces back when I require paying for the reunion instead of the pay later option. I think there must be some gremlins in cyberspace today. Laughing Yep...it was the gremlins...all is well..with Comcast's Server. That was sooo weird..that it happened twice in the same day at different times.
Thanx..as usual!!! Wink

Edited 05/18/10 1:34 AM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.