ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Teachers

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/03/09 09:25 PM Views: 1386 Replies: 10
Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 9:26 PM

I am sorry if this was asked before but I could not find the answer. We are about to get all the teachers names since 1925. I am not sure how many this will be maybe 300-500 as a guess. Is there going to ba a Teachers section instead of putting them in the guest secton? Also, what about Teachers who are also Alumni? How are they managed?

Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 9:35 PM - Response #1

Multi sites, like yours, already have a Teachers section yes:

1) Click Edit Site pages
2) Place a checkmark next to your Teacher Profiles page

The rest should be pretty self explanatory. There is probably a better way of doing this, but for now teachers should create both a teacher account, and a Classmate account on your site.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 9:57 PM - Response #2

Sorry, I forget about that. I am really looking forward to using it. I am trying to study the pluses and minuses of going to the mulit year site. I thought I saw something in there that said I have to do something. I do not want to get into a big project right now but it does look interesting.

Thursday, June 4, 2009 at 12:48 PM - Response #3

I'm not sure I follow. Plusses and minuses? You're already a multi year site.

Thursday, June 4, 2009 at 10:41 PM - Response #4

I did not realize that this was considered a multi site. I still have some questions.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
1) Click on Edit School/Logos
<<<<<<<<4) Save your page.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< is there somewhere you cannot do this?

<<<<<<<

WHY USE THE NEW MULTI MODE?

1) Classmates from different years can all share one site.
<<<<<<<<<<<<< under one control right?

5) Plan multi graduating year reunions under one site.
<<<< can each year do their on thing?

I am most concerned about contro. Can I give each year control?

Friday, June 5, 2009 at 12:12 AM - Response #5

1) You can set your year range to whatever you want. Only the Root Admin can do this.

2) Yes, a multi site is still controlled by one Root Administrator. If that's not what you want, then you would want to create individual year sites.

3) No, right now multi sites can only have one active reunion at a time, although we are planning to allow multiple reunions on multi sites. It would still all be under the control of the Root Admin though.

4) No, on a multi site one admin runs the site. If a separate admin wants control over a specific year, you would want to build a site for just that year.

Ray Guim wrote:

I did not realize that this was considered a multi site. I still have some questions.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
1) Click on Edit School/Logos
<<<<<<<<4) Save your page.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< is there somewhere you cannot do this?

<<<<<<<

WHY USE THE NEW MULTI MODE?

1) Classmates from different years can all share one site.
<<<<<<<<<<<<< under one control right?

5) Plan multi graduating year reunions under one site.
<<<< can each year do their on thing?

I am most concerned about contro. Can I give each year control?

Monday, June 29, 2009 at 2:14 PM - Response #6

I can not find the "Teacher Profiles" link in "Edit Site Pages".
I may have lost it by renaming it something else.
Is there a way to re-assign a link to become this page?

Thanks,

Steve Stephenson

Monday, June 29, 2009 at 3:28 PM - Response #7

Teacher Profiles are only available for alumni sites. Late this year we will be starting in on the school repository featuere so single year classes can share teachers, but honestly we're looking at quite awhile from now still, as we're in the midst of working on many other major features right now, and teacher repository is not near the top of the list. If you'd like to know more about this there's a whole thread about it here. It's some serious reading though -- but you'll understand why we don't offer Teacher Profiles for single year classes right now.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009 at 5:38 PM - Response #8

Hi Brad;

I have added some obituaries for teachers (added as guests) who have passed away. We have a very beloved teacher who is still alive and we have received updates from her daughter as to her health, etc. I've added her and a photo of her as a guest on our site. Is there a way to post the messages without her joining the site? I posted one of the messages under "comments" on her profile, but it doesn't show, I guess since she hasn't joined the site? Is there some other place to post updates?

Thanks for your help.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009 at 6:09 PM - Response #9

If you Edit Site Pages, then Edit Classmate Profiles, there is this option "Show Classmate details even if Classmates have not created an account.". If you do this, you should be able to see the comments UNLESS you are putting the comments in the "Classmate Notes" section on the DETAILS page. This "Classmate Notes" field is only visible to the Admin on the Details page and it is also exported when the classmates are exported to a spreadsheet.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009 at 7:13 PM - Response #10

I'll try it. Thank you!!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.