ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Printing out a list of names, addresses as a directory to pass out at our reunion.

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/18/19 08:45 AM Views: 1047 Replies: 7
Monday, March 18, 2019 at 8:45 AM

Is there a way to print a directory of classmates, their addresses, phone numbers and email address to pass out at our next class reunion.
Also a list of our deceased classmates?

Monday, March 18, 2019 at 8:51 AM - Response #1

Esther,

Any types of these reports can be printed out or exported to a spreadsheet by going to Manage Classmates, DOWNLOAD CLASS LIST, and choosing which fields you want to download. If you want only a list of deceased classmates, choose the "Deceased Classmates (89)" checkbox only. You can also download the list of phone numbers, addresses, etc. by choosing which download fields to be exported. When you have selected everything, choose the "Download Class List" button to start the export.

Monday, March 18, 2019 at 9:37 AM - Response #2

If you haven't done so, I'd suggest checking with class members to determine if they want their private information printed and handed out. Most of our class chose not to have personal information visible on the class site and would be highly opposed to having this information printed and handed out. I think one of the reasons our site has been so successful with Class Creator, is that they and I take peoples' privacy very seriously. Just a thought.

Monday, March 18, 2019 at 9:46 AM - Response #3

I agree whole heartily with Diana. When the committee for my class' 55-Year reunion asked for a print out of all the email addresses, I refused to give it to them. Everyone can be contacted through the class website and individuals can exchange email addresses and other personal info with each other then.

Monday, March 18, 2019 at 11:25 AM - Response #4

Years ago when Class Creator responded to increasing federal and state privacy restrictions by reducing the viewable personal information in a profile to only city and state, some of our members were disappointed. They had used that information to contact classmates while traveling. A few who were afraid of personal information being hacked or easily available had never entered any - even their birthday - in their profile details.

To address both concerns, we created a new profile Q/A box where members could duplicate any personal information they wished to share. We used the opportunity to encourage classmates to fill in (or update) their details, emphasizing that information entered in their details was indeed private and never shared. And that the information in the new Q/A box would only be available to verified (and logged in) classmates and guests. We added a 'fine print' privacy statement on our home page. Many chose to enter their street address, city, state, phone number, and email address in the new Q/A box.

Monday, March 18, 2019 at 5:14 PM - Response #5

If you choose to add those fields, I highly suggest restricting the classmate profiles page to Logged In only to help protect the member's information.

Monday, March 18, 2019 at 5:53 PM - Response #6

Viewing classmate's profiles (and Q/A questions/answers) are automatically restricted to logged in members only - and on most (but not all) sites, profiles are still restricted when using the system password to log in.

We have also restricted the Class List page, but that's only to keep other copycat web sites from copying our member list. We found several which had copied our list - including the military flag, etc.

Monday, March 18, 2019 at 10:35 PM - Response #7

After much discussion within our class, [and many were disappointed that 'personal information' was removed from their classmates viewable profiles,] everyone 'seemed' satisfied when I pointed out that they could send a private message to the classmate they want phone, address, etc. from.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.