ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Domain Problem

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/06/21 07:24 PM Views: 496 Replies: 1
Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 7:24 PM

For the first year, we purchased both asp70.org and asp70.com, just in case. Somehow we ended up with a renewal on asp70.com, when in fact asp70.org is what we use. I contacted the domain provider and they said I need to ask CC about transferring the renewal fees to the asp70.org. Please advise.

Also, I manage a website for both paly70 and asp70 (I attended ASP as an undergrad and no one volunteered for that site). Unfortunately, I can't seem to send messages under the asp site, even though I launched the help page from that site. That didn't used to be a problem.

Thank you so much!!

Edited 05/06/21 7:29 PM
Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 7:49 PM - Response #1

Hi Karen,

I don't see a renewal processed either domain. Both expire 6-21-21 I set one to not auto-renew. The other is still set to renew but has not renewed yet. .asp70.org is the one tied to your site (the other one just forwarded) and that is the one you purchased the secure certificate for. So if asp70.org is the primary I think you are all set.

If you go to Admin Functions > Manage Domain you will see the option to renew the asp70.org domain right there. It still uses classnames.net / enomcentral.com (the company who created classnames.net for us) as the underlying registration company - we worked with them to integrate the domain renewals and registrations into the Admin Functions > Manage Domain page.

Let me know

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.