ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

How can you find out if a song is legal to put on our site or not?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/25/10 02:24 AM Views: 1634 Replies: 5
Wednesday, August 25, 2010 at 2:24 AM

I’m getting ready to load some songs on our site. I have figured out “Widgets” and I have some CD’s that I purchased that are 60's tunes, various artist. I’m too old for the chain gang and don’t look good in stripes, so how do I know if these songs are legal to load onto our site (speaking in general terms)?

Andre

Edited 08/25/10 2:29 AM
Wednesday, August 25, 2010 at 8:05 AM - Response #1

See Music Legal Dos and Dont's.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 at 8:23 AM - Response #2

Thanks for the link, Brad. I've read it and my immediate question is - Is Class Creator a 'licensed service' ?

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 at 8:31 AM - Response #3

No! We are a web site creation tool and nothing more than that. As a general rule of thumb:

1) Copyrighted music is best added to your web site using Playlist.com or similar services who claim to have the right to distribute the music.

2) Music you have the right to distribute, such as choir songs, band songs, fight songs, or other school recordings of all kinds, is best added to your site using the new MP3 Playlist Generator.

Edited 08/25/10 10:21 AM
Wednesday, August 25, 2010 at 10:12 AM - Response #4

Thanks, Brad. That clears that up in no uncertain terms!

The UK seems to apply copyright laws more strictly than the USA as I had to stop using Playlist some months ago as none of the music I wanted was permissable. Music on the site is quite a minor thing for most Classmates anyway but, if some come up with their own recordings, I'll use the MP3 set-up - or, to save them from further embarrassment, maybe not!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 at 2:40 PM - Response #5

Thanks for your help.

Andre

Edited 08/25/10 2:42 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.