ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Log on - wrong times today

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/07/17 02:06 PM Views: 894 Replies: 19
Thursday, September 7, 2017 at 2:06 PM

All classmates who logged on today, including me, show the wrong log on time by four hours too early. Can tech support pls correct. Thank you

Edited 09/07/17 2:11 PM
Thursday, September 7, 2017 at 4:06 PM - Response #1

That is odd. I am not seeing this issue on my end.

Thursday, September 7, 2017 at 4:25 PM - Response #2
IMG_5796.PNG

Scott,
I logged on today at 4:15pm ET.
Attached is a screenshot.

Thursday, September 7, 2017 at 4:59 PM - Response #3

I can't open your attachment.

Thursday, September 7, 2017 at 5:35 PM - Response #4
IMG5796-1.jpg

It opens here... Mine looks normal, by the way.

Elana, is the time (and time zone) on your PC correct?

Edited 09/07/17 5:45 PM
Thursday, September 7, 2017 at 6:26 PM - Response #5

John,
I'm out of town using iPhone.
Earlier today, using iPhone, all the times looked correct. When I logged in this afternoon, the times appeared 4 hr earlier. My email sending/receiving are time stamped correct.
Any suggestions?

Thursday, September 7, 2017 at 8:35 PM - Response #6

I have no idea how an iPhone handles time, although I've noticed that my own phone updates the time as I travel across country. But many web/network/mail applications use Coordinated Universal Time (based on Greenwich Mean Time) in emails or web site pages - which is displayed by your browser or mail client based on the time, time zone, and whether you're on Daylight Savings time, as set in the receiving device. If your iPhone is showing the correct time, I have no explanation for what you're seeing - other than the 4 hours difference suggests that you could be in the Eastern time zone and something thinks you're in the Pacific time zone.

It will be interesting to see if the problem clears up later (or tomorrow).

Thursday, September 7, 2017 at 10:55 PM - Response #7

Thanks, John.
It's a puzzlement. My iPhone shows the correct time. Today's Statistics, What's New and Message Forum originally had the correct time and have suddenly changed to four hours earlier within a few hours. Today I traveled less than 50 miles and have since returned but my current log in time remains four hours earlier (than the correct time). The time I post to this Forum is correct and has been correct throughout today. Will wait to see what tomorrow brings!

Edited 09/08/17 9:00 AM
Friday, September 8, 2017 at 12:40 AM - Response #8

Under Admin Functions > Preferences > Time Zone (third item from top), check to see what you have set.

Friday, September 8, 2017 at 8:46 AM - Response #9

Thanks, Scott. Time Zone has always been set for E.T.
Today the time problem continues to persist on PC, iPhone and iPad.
I'm active with other organizations that have Forums - no time stamp issue except CC. Do other Admin have this problem?

Edited 09/08/17 8:56 AM
Friday, September 8, 2017 at 11:31 AM - Response #10

just a test to see time posted

Time here looks good. So it has to be the time zone setting. Is there one for this forum too? Forgot to look.

Edited 09/08/17 11:33 AM
Friday, September 8, 2017 at 1:00 PM - Response #11

Correct time has returned to normal - grateful but I don't know why.
Thanks to all for helping out.

Friday, September 8, 2017 at 1:08 PM - Response #12

Spoke too soon - the time is only correct for What's New. Statistics and Message Forum are still 4 hours behind. (This Forum always shows the correct time.)

Edited 09/08/17 2:26 PM
Friday, September 8, 2017 at 3:24 PM - Response #13

Weird. I see it too now. What is interesting, is that I confirmed this on another site too. I am documenting and sending to the programmer.

Friday, September 8, 2017 at 4:19 PM - Response #14

Thanks for checking, Scott.
We have several classmates in the path of Irma. Some evacuated - others could not. Seeing their accurate log on time would be reassuring,

Friday, September 8, 2017 at 4:37 PM - Response #15

I do not know when the programmer will have a chance to look, but I will let you know what I find out.

Friday, September 8, 2017 at 5:44 PM - Response #16

After receiving email from several classmates wondering why folks were commenting at 3am, I emailed the class to notify them the time stamp is 4 hours earlier vs the real time. With so many classmates potentially affected by Irma, it's important to know what time a classmate posts. I would certainly hope your Programmer will look into this glitch sooner rather than later. It's now a weekend. I brought this to CC attention yesterday afternoon. Please let me know how long this will take to fix. Thank you

Edited 09/08/17 5:48 PM
Friday, September 8, 2017 at 5:48 PM - Response #17

Elena - your own personal time zone located under Edit Profile, is set to Alaska time. Once you restore that to Eastern, you will be back in business. .... Better yet, I did it for you so you are all set.

Friday, September 8, 2017 at 6:09 PM - Response #18

Thank you, Scott.
I can assure you that I've never edited my profile to change my personal time zone. One moment all looked fine and soon after the time was not correct. I will check it daily. Is this what occurred on the other site you mentioned?

Edited 09/09/17 11:27 AM
Monday, September 11, 2017 at 10:31 AM - Response #19

For the other site, they happened to have their setting to a differnt time zone because that is where they happen to live now. I just had not connected the dots at that point.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.