ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Survey troubles

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/14/09 06:28 PM Views: 1066 Replies: 3
Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 6:28 PM

I have a new survey set up called "Monthly Survey Music". There is another survey which at this time is not active.

On this survey there are 8 questions which require a text answer. For example "What is your favorite music group?" When I set it up for classmates to see results it shows the specific answers from each classmate. I thought that portion was reserved for Administrator? The typical admin options are listed below when I allow classmates to see results.

If I switch to admin only, then when I go to the page there is not even the option to view the results. I have to go to the "Edit Site Pages", and click through to the survey, etc.

Can you make it work so that when a classmate enters their data (or not) they can view the survey results without showing who answered what?

Thank you,

Greg

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 8:29 PM - Response #1

That's how it works already. Classmates cannot see other Classmates' specific answers, they can only view collective results. If you want to see it from a Classsmate's perspective, you'd actually have to log out of your Admin account and log in as one of your Classmates. If you don't have the password for one of your Classmates, create a temporary Classmate, join as that person, check out how the Survey is seen, and then delete the account.

In answer to your second question, you are an Admin, but you are also a Classmate, so if you view your live survey, you are not going to see the "View Results" button until you've actually completed the survey yourself just like your Classmates have to do. Of course, since you're an Admin you can simply click on your Survey Maker link again and then click the icon under your Results column to enter into the results area. There is no need to go through your Edit Site Pages link. You can do it that way too, as you mentioned, but it's just more clicks to get to the results that way than just clicking directly on your Survey Maker link.

Edited 04/14/09 9:39 PM
Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 9:49 PM - Response #2

Do you get tired of being right?

Thanks,

Greg

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 10:06 PM - Response #3

It beats the alternative. Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.