ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Submission Form

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/16/19 11:39 PM Views: 509 Replies: 6
Thursday, May 16, 2019 at 11:39 PM

I would like for our classmates to be able to submit tributes or memories of deceased classmates. Is there a way to do this so that the tribute or memory would be viewable on the website or is there a feature that would allow the submission of a tribute or memory via email to the admin so that I can transcribe to a new page? Just trying to think of the best way to accomplish this! I realize they could do this by submitting a "contact us" form but it would be great if I could have something especially for tributes. Thank you!

Friday, May 17, 2019 at 2:21 AM - Response #1

The administrator is the only one who can create an entry on the In Memory page, as he/she is the only one who has access to the Edit Site Pages function necessary to create the In Memory entry. Classmates may notify the administrator of a deceased member via email, such as a link to an obituary, which the administrator may then incorporate into the In Memory tribute.

Classmates may add comments/memories at the bottom of the In Memory entry by clicking on Post Comment. I don't know if classmates can add a photo under Post Comment (when I view Post Comment, I see the image editor, but I don't know if classmates who are non-admins have the option to add a photo).

Edited 05/17/19 9:50 AM
Friday, May 17, 2019 at 2:14 PM - Response #2

Scott Moore wrote:

Classmates may add comments/memories at the bottom of the In Memory entry by clicking on Post Comment. I don't know if classmates can add a photo under Post Comment (when I view Post Comment, I see the image editor, but I don't know if classmates who are non-admins have the option to add a photo).

As Scott says, once the admin moves a deceased classmate to the In Memory page, any member can post a tribute or personal memory below that entry. They are given the editor to create their entry, but I doubt most would know how to include a photo.

Edited 05/17/19 2:15 PM
Friday, May 17, 2019 at 4:07 PM - Response #3
2019-05-17 15_10_56-Window.jpg

I looked at your In Memory page and can see that you aren't using the tool available on that page to add your deceased members. You just added their names in the Editor. If you use it as intended, you can add all of those names and each will have their own page with a place at the bottom for comments and tributes. You can use the individual Editor on each of those classmate's pages to add obituaries, photos, and other information.

Go to Edit Pages, In Memory, and look below the Editor box. You will see a box with a drop-down option to locate a classmate and "Add selected deceased classmate" to the right of it. Click on the name of one of your deceased members and add the information on the next page. Be sure and add the year of death, if you know it.

I hope this helps. I thought there was a video with instructions for this but I couldn't find it.

Edited 05/17/19 4:08 PM
Friday, May 17, 2019 at 8:35 PM - Response #4

Thank you so much!

Friday, May 17, 2019 at 8:36 PM - Response #5

Thank you so much, Debbie. We are new to this site and I'm fumbling my way through! What you shared makes complete sense. It is exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you!

Friday, May 17, 2019 at 8:41 PM - Response #6

Great! Check your private messages. I sent you a little more information.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.