ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

More In Memory

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/03/09 10:41 AM Views: 1867 Replies: 9
Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 10:41 AM

-It seems like this is my favorite topic-
When I enter someone into "IM" I am never sure what year they are. We have 25,000+ names and there are a lot of dupes. Is it possible to the the year come up on the entry form?
Thanks

Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 3:26 PM - Response #1

Oh I see. How interesting. So if you have 5 Jane Smith's for example, you don't know which of the 5 to make deceased because you can't see the year in advance... Got it.

Yes, for just multi sites only, we'll have to include the year in the dropdown so you can see how you're making deceased. Good idea, thank you.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 3:49 PM - Response #2

Brad - that will be a great addition!

It would also be nice to have an alpha-search feature for multi-sites. I thought that was something you had said would be available too?

We have a little over 22,000 names and it is very time consuming to locate individuals by going through the entire list page by page trying to figure out where a name might be, especially if you don't have the exact year they graduated.

Where are these two features on your list at this time?

Oh, would it be possible to have access to a list of future features with a proposed month or date they may be available? It might lessen repeated questions about ETA's.

Thanks,

Bruce

Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 4:23 PM - Response #3

On your public Classmate Profiles page there is a search there now. Use it to find the name/year, then you'll know where to go in admin. We'll put the same search right in Admin too.

ETAs: There are over 400 items on the current Task List. I've gotten in the habit now of discussing the next 4 or 5 things that are coming out. I will give ETAs when I know we'll hit them. If we're in new territory (such as creating the direct deposit banking system we're doing right now) I'm usually a little vague. Have you noticed? Smile Never want to over promise and under deliver...

Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 4:38 PM - Response #4

Brad!

That is SO COOL! When did you sneak that in? That makes life on a multi-year site so much easier.

Okay, so I go away for awhile and miss a new feature. I have been to that page so many times and either was so used to not seeing that search box that I was just oblivious to it or you just recently added it!

Kudos!

Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 5:23 PM - Response #5

Rick Root snuck that in 3 weeks or or so. Glad ya like it. Smile

Edited 06/03/09 5:24 PM
Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 9:21 PM - Response #6

NO WAY! That was not there yesterday! -I must be slipping.
That is great!

Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 9:44 PM - Response #7

Guess I should have made more of a "todo" about it! Smile

Friday, June 5, 2009 at 8:51 PM - Response #8

Brad, no "to do" over change in "In Memory" search? No sooner did I ask for a feature then it was received. What did you do, do this yourself?

Friday, June 5, 2009 at 11:34 PM - Response #9

Well, we don't announce every little thing. Smile So no, no "to do" about it. But, I did successfully run upstairs and chain the programmer to his desk until this was done -- which seemed to be quite effective.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.