ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Can we Temporarily Inactivate a Classmate?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/15/13 11:17 AM Views: 897 Replies: 6
Sunday, December 15, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Is there a way to Temporarily Inactivate a Classmate? I received an "Updated Contact Info" email from the site this morning. The classmate's first and last name has been changed to "Your Ass", the email address was changed, as well as birthday info.

I have sent the classmate an email at the original email address asking if he was aware of changes to his account and asking him to contact me. I'm waiting for a reply.

I hate that others can see the name change since it appears on our Home Page under Profile Updates.

How would you handle this?

Thanks for your help.
Maura

Sunday, December 15, 2013 at 11:59 AM - Response #1

I would start by going to "Manage Classmates"/"Enter/Edit Classmates"/"Details" for the subject classmate and selecting "No" for "Show On Class List." That will make the classmate invisible while retaining the information. Once it is changed to the proper information all you have to do is select "Yes" to have it become visible again.

Edited 12/15/13 11:59 AM
Sunday, December 15, 2013 at 12:29 PM - Response #2

Thank you so much! I did what you suggested. Now I'll just wait for him to contact me.
Thanks again!

Sunday, December 15, 2013 at 8:19 PM - Response #3

To avoid this in the future, you could turn on the Classmate Verification feature. With this feature active, all classmates that join will first need to be verified before they show up on the Profile Update window.

To activate it, you need to be the Root Admin and then visit the Preferences page

Sunday, December 15, 2013 at 8:54 PM - Response #4

Kyle, the classmate had originally joined a few years ago. This was a change made to his original profile. Not sure who it was that got into his profile and made the changes. I'm hoping it was one of his children and not someone who hacked into his account.

As for your suggestion, how would you verify that the person is who they say they are?

Sunday, December 15, 2013 at 9:18 PM - Response #5

However you choose to verify them. You could call them or email them and ask specific questions that only they would know ("who was the varsity football quarterback?" for example)

Sunday, December 15, 2013 at 9:51 PM - Response #6

Thanks, Kyle. Something to think about.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.