ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Payment options for multiple events

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/18/16 08:24 AM Views: 4632 Replies: 11
Wednesday, May 18, 2016 at 8:24 AM

Is there only one place to select payment options? We have a multi-class site. One class set up a reunion in the event planner and the payment option was mail check only to a member of their class. Then I set up a donation for raising funds to renew our subscription and set up payment options for credit cards and a different classmate to mail checks to for this purpose. The next registration for the class reunion shows with instructions to mail the check to the classmate taking care of donations, not the classmate handling the reunion. When I checked the reunion in the event planner it shows credit card option for payment as well, which is incorrect, but I could not find a place to edit the payment for the reunion. Is it possible to have payments for different options going to different places?

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 at 3:06 PM - Response #1

Yes. Currently this is limited to only one setting per method. This means you may need to have a specified recipient who distributes the collected funds.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 at 4:56 PM - Response #2

Will future updates make separate event payment options available? We have been offering the various event planning options for classes having special class reunions in conjunction with the larger All School Reunion they are also attending. Could get very confusing for anyone designated to distribute the funds, as we also sell merchandise on our event

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 at 5:08 PM - Response #3

I am not certain at this time. I've been told it is much more complicated on the back end than it sounds. We know it is a desired feature though.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 at 11:21 PM - Response #4

I hope it will be added soon. Our classes are completely separate with separate banking accounts, admins and locations. I think we are going to have to take down our donation info until after the reunion is done. We were hoping people logging in to register would be encouraged to make a donation, however, these two items are not handled by the same people at all.

Also, the class holding the reunion does not want to charge extra to cover credit card charges or absorb the cost, however those collecting donations definitely want the people to be able to contribute by credit card. We cannot currently accept credit cards for one and not the other, which is a big problem for us.

Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 12:21 PM - Response #5

I will forward your comments.

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 at 8:21 PM - Response #6

PLEASE consider the following two suggestions which I consider urgent to reduce the confusion and frustration for multi-year admins, (as a workaround until CC is able to provide a properly functioning process for multiple payment choices, independent by event):

FIRST - Please edit the Payment Preferences page (or create a pop-up warning before saving changes) that alerts admins. Perhaps something such as "WARNING: This update will change the payment information for ALL your active events. Do you wish to continue? Y/N"

SECOND - Provide an option/switch within the event manager to turn On or Off the payment options/presets --BY EVENT, (instead of universally)-- so that EACH event page can still be used to RSVP, at a minimum. Currently, the payment limitation renders useless the event registration tool when the default payment preferences are not applicable.

Event registration and online payment is a major feature of any reunion website and your multi-year clients pay significantly higher subscription rates than single year sites. Please consider moving this requirement to the urgent list.

We have three class reunion Events this summer, as well as a Donations page and a Product Page, all concurrent and active for our school. My co-admin has repeatedly run into this problem (and mucked up the data while trying to set up registrations and payment options). Today, we gave up on using the event manager tool because of the payment limitations.

I've been a loyal CC customer since 2008, and still love ClassCreator's software, overall. I mean no offense toward the team, but these event registration and payment processes are terribly clumsy for multi-year site admins. It is confusing and, to put it bluntly, this feature is in fact broken as far as multi-year sites are concerned.

Also, please note, my co-admin purchased your event planner services thinking that link was the only way to receive help. I have recommended that he contact CC to request a refund. I wholeheartedly support CC expanding it's scope to include Professional Services, but the up-sell ad should be more clearly identified as such... Or, is CC doing away with the free support forums too?

Thanks as always for your careful consideration.

Best regards,

Terry

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 3:55 PM - Response #7

Sorry for the lack of a reply. The list submitted above has been passed along for consideration for future enhancements.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 5:04 PM - Response #8

Terry,

Your co-admin was refunded as well a day after he paid. I wasn't sure if you received that update.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Saturday, June 25, 2016 at 10:24 AM - Response #9

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

Sorry for the lack of a reply. The list submitted above has been passed along for consideration for future enhancements.

Thank you, Scott! Smile

Saturday, June 25, 2016 at 10:25 AM - Response #10

Jessica wrote:

Terry,

Your co-admin was refunded as well a day after he paid. I wasn't sure if you received that update.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Yes, thank you, Jessica. He did mention that and was very pleased! Thanks!

Thursday, September 1, 2022 at 6:57 PM - Response #11

Has there been an update for Payment options for Multiple Events for different classes on a multi class website?

Help Please!!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.