ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Military

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/28/10 02:40 PM Views: 1059 Replies: 1
Sunday, March 28, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Just a little thing but I noticed that when some one signs on and writes they were in the services a lot of times they do not pick country and therefore the flag does not appear. I undertand how this is an issue and I am sure you have clients all over the world so USA default will not exactly work.
Is there a way you can force everyone into picking a country?

Thanks

Sunday, March 28, 2010 at 6:05 PM - Response #1

It's not a US default now. It's blank. You have to choose a country if you're going to indicate you served in the military. We can't require people choose a country though because many people didn't serve in the military of course. The only way to really do what you're asking would be to add a checkbox that yes, you served in the military, and then have the same country dropdown we have now, except it would be required. If some people leave the question blank altogether though, like some must do now, there's no reason to think that adding a checkbox would make it any more likely they'd click it. Not to mention it makes something simple one checkbox more complex.

Bottom line, if somebody served in the military and they want a flag, they need to select their country. Or you the Admin can do it for them.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.