ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Assigning admins page editing capabilities

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/10/15 03:52 AM Views: 1191 Replies: 6
Friday, July 10, 2015 at 3:52 AM

Just curious. Can we give other administrators for our site the ability to edit specific pages instead of all pages? One of my fellow admins wants to assist me with just the home page. I'm willing to allow her to help but only see the check box for edit all site pages. Can I set something up so she can just edit the home page, as she has requested or do I have to check the edit all site pages box in her profile's administrative functions settings?

Edited 07/10/15 3:54 AM
Friday, July 10, 2015 at 8:43 AM - Response #1

No, this is not possible at this time, but has been requested in the past.

You could tell her to use POST ANNOUNCEMENT and then after she adds her content, just approve her announcement so it will show up or move the content to the home page content.

Friday, July 10, 2015 at 2:11 PM - Response #2

Darn! Ok Thanks. She is a wiz at posting PDFs and I am learning about how to do it. That was the reason why I was asking. She wanted to post at PDF downloadable link on our home page.

Edited 07/10/15 2:13 PM
Wednesday, February 17, 2016 at 7:42 PM - Response #3

I would also like to be able to assign an administrator to just a single page. I am in the process of setting up a site for our church and would like each committee chairperson to be able to edit their own page, but not other committees. Is this anything that is being considered? If this does happen would they be able to upload pdf files with the corresponding links?

Jim

Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 11:16 AM - Response #4

Throw my hat into the ring as far as wanting to be able to assign specific pages to specific admins!

Monday, February 22, 2016 at 1:12 PM - Response #5

I am fairly certain that this will not be a feature that we add to the system. I will share the idea with Brad, but I am almost positive that we have shot down this idea in the past due to adding complexity to the system.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.