ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Removed Post Announcements but it's still showing

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/14/09 10:54 AM Views: 1137 Replies: 1
Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Hi,

I've had the same problem as a few folks here. I don't want members posting announcements on the home page because it messes up the design. I searched the forum and found that option could be removed by editing the home page and making the announcement page inactive. I did that. When I go back to the main screen, the post announcement function still shows up under member functions.

I closed my browser and reopened it.....still there. I then restarted my computer thinking it was some sort of "cookie" issue. Once I rebooted, the post announcement link was still there. Can someone tell me why it shows even after I inactivated that function?

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 6:46 PM - Response #1

Hi Tai,

We made a few adjustments today to this section of the site. You can now allow admins to have announcements as an option and just turn off the option for Classmates to submit them.

So you can leave it the way you have it now and they won't see the option because the antire announcements section is inactive on your site or you can make it active again for admins and just uncheck the ability for classmates to submit them.

This is all still managed from the Edit Site Pages - Home page Edit option.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.