ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

"PAID" icon

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/27/08 01:11 PM Views: 1504 Replies: 1
Saturday, September 27, 2008 at 1:11 PM

Do you think it would be possible to have an icon that shows who has paid? I don't think the classmate profiles should be overloaded with icons, so maybe if we could change the current icon that represents attending the reunion...

White (as it is right now) to represent that they are attending the reunion and maybe from white to green that they have paid??? or something like that.

Currently committee members get confused thinking that the attending the reunion icon means that they've paid and that's not necessarily the case.

In addition, many classmates jump the gun and indicate that they are attending (it's very easy to click "yes" when you're completing the initial profile), but they're not going back in and changing it if they've currently changed their minds.

Case in point: I had a reunion where 78 alumni (not including guests) indicated that yes, they were in fact attending the reunion. In the end less than 30 (including guests!) of those 78 actually paid and ultimately we cancelled the event for lack of interest.

It would simply help diminsh the "appearance" of attendance and confirm actual attendance.

Thanks!

Edited 09/27/08 1:12 PM
Sunday, September 28, 2008 at 8:54 PM - Response #1

The problem I have with that, is whether somebody has completed their payment or not is not anybody else's business. The Classmate Profiles page is a public page, and that icon is specifically used to express interest in the reunion to other Classmates -- not to indicate whether somebody has paid their money or not.

I think this type of issue is better accomplished under your Reunion Attendees link. There you can already see who has paid (although we're going to be improving that whole area next year).

Because schools often allow multiple forms of registration, and numerous Classmates are coming but not registering online, we have to allow the Classmate to turn on their own "attending reunion" icon, even though I do understand that could give a higher estimation of turnout than actual turnout. Might I suggest to you an email that reads something like this (but in a much more nicely worded fashion):

"Look, you've got your attending reunion icon set to yes, but you've not paid. We need to have payment in by such and such a date, and if you miss this date, then I'm going to go in and remove the icon from all names who have not paid."

Here's another fleeting thought: We could put an option on your Reunion Attendees page that reads something like this:

Only show attending reunion icon on Classmate Profiles page for Classmates who have made payment.

You could check a box like that, and override everybody's icon if they haven't made payment. Of course, the person might email you and ask why their icon is not showing up even though they've turned it on. And you'd have to explain that icons only show publicly if payment has been completed.

Thoughts? Better ideas? Hit me.

Edited 09/28/08 8:58 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.