ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

File types acceptable to CC

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/22/09 07:04 PM Views: 1478 Replies: 8
Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 7:04 PM

Brad, I was trying to upload a slide show I made using the chain link and html code. However, it didn't like the file type of the slide show. What file types does the CC allow to either upload or link to?

Thanks, Virginia

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 7:42 PM - Response #1

What file type did you attempt to upload? We allow most file types except for file types that can contain programming. We may be able to make an exception for you. The reason we don't allow the upload of programming type files is security. Somebody with malicious intent could upload a file and then execute it on the system, causing all kinds of trouble. Thus we've disallowed those types of files.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 8:00 PM - Response #2

The file type is .px type. From a slide show maker software.

Virginia

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 8:27 PM - Response #3

Is the .px the only file necessary to make the slide show work? Or are there other files that go along with it that need to get uploaded? If so what is the file type of those files?

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 8:33 PM - Response #4

Brad, I spoke to the software people and we were using the html code and the link to the .px file. But when I try to upload it, it said it was an invalid file type.

Virginia

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 11:01 PM - Response #5

Please email me that .px file and any embed code that goes along with it to mail@classcreator.com. Let me check it out.

Thursday, July 23, 2009 at 6:47 AM - Response #6

That particular file is probably too large to send via e-mail, but I can send a 'test' file, the same file type.

Virginia

Monday, October 24, 2011 at 8:14 PM - Response #7
Hat Divas Welcome transparent.gif

hi Brad

I am trying to load a gif file and it never comes up, it loads into the file vault but will not load to the home page?????

Can you help

Edited 10/24/11 8:14 PM
Monday, October 24, 2011 at 8:31 PM - Response #8

Hi Diva,

I can see it on your home page. Maybe you just need to refresh your browser because the home page is displaying from the browser's cache. Do the following in your browser : View/Reload or View/Refresh . See if that makes a difference.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.