ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

bypass class year upon site set up

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/06/10 01:58 PM Views: 1135 Replies: 4
Saturday, February 6, 2010 at 1:58 PM

Hi.
I would like to use the site to set up my family.
I have already set up our high school graduating class so I am somewhat familiar.
Q. One of the 1st things asked for in setting up a new site is the class year. As I don't wish a year, and it will not be a class, how do I setup my site bypassing the date? Also, are there any other setup items after the date that I need to work around to set up a family web site?
Thanks Bob

Saturday, February 6, 2010 at 2:39 PM - Response #1

Robert Comazzi wrote:

Hi.
I would like to use the site to set up my family.
I have already set up our high school graduating class so I am somewhat familiar.
Q. One of the 1st things asked for in setting up a new site is the class year. As I don't wish a year, and it will not be a class, how do I setup my site bypassing the date? Also, are there any other setup items after the date that I need to work around to set up a family web site?
Thanks Bob

When it asks for a year, just choose a year and city that will never be used - all of the graduates are probably dead. Some families are using 1900 because the graduates would be over 120 years old.

Sometime later (maybe this year), a new FAMILY site will launch from Class Creator. From what I have heard, there won't be a way to easily port over your family site from the one you create now to the new FamilyCreator.com site. BUT, you could cut/paste the source code from one system to the other.

You will need to change the word "Classmate" and "classmates" to whatever you want to be called - this is on the PREFERENCES page.

Edited 02/06/10 2:40 PM
Saturday, February 6, 2010 at 3:08 PM - Response #2

Could you take a look at Kansas, Wichita, South, and you see "18th century to date" a family web site, or Kansas, Windthorst, "A Prairie Settlement ~~~", these are using the site for other than a class.
I'm guessing they somehow didn't use a date, but not sure.
If I do select a date of 1900, will it say class of 1900?
Thanks

Saturday, February 6, 2010 at 3:13 PM - Response #3

Initially, it will say "Class of 1900", but if you edit the "Edit School/Logos", you can change it to say "18 century to date"

All ClassCreator.com websites need to have a year. That is a required field.

Saturday, February 6, 2010 at 3:16 PM - Response #4

Ok.
Thanks for the quick response and help.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.