ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

wider format

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 09/27/08 09:28 AM Views: 1415 Replies: 5
Saturday, September 27, 2008 at 9:28 AM

Hey Brad, I really like the wider format. I have already rezied every thing to fit just this morning.
GREAT JOB!!!!!!

Saturday, September 27, 2008 at 10:02 AM - Response #1

What Jeff is referring to is that we widened design 5 a little bit so there's more room for content, pictures, plugins, etc.

In fact, we're shortly going to widen the other 4 designs that are not yet wide, too. Currently only designs 5, and 6 are using the new wider format.

Oh and by the way, although content will wrap to fill the slightly larger width automatically, I do understand the increased width may cause a little reformatting for people in some cases. With today's ever increasing screen resolutions, and new wide screen monitors becoming the norm, it's important we keep each design up to speed with current display standards.

Edited 09/27/08 10:47 AM
Saturday, September 27, 2008 at 10:34 AM - Response #2

Is there an easy way for me to tell which theme design number I am using?

Charlie

Saturday, September 27, 2008 at 10:44 AM - Response #3

Yes. Click on Change Design. There are 6 designs currently available. The top row are designs 1 through 3, and the bottom row are designs 4 through 6. So you too are using design 5.

Many people won't even notice the design widened, as again, content will wrap to fill the available space anyway. If you have a certain plugin or something on your home page though, such as a Palylist.com player or embedded Photobucket slide show, you may want to widen these types of objects now that you have some extra room available (which you can do by tweaking your height and width in your source view). Little tweaks like this can now be made to help best fill in the wider content area.

Edited 09/27/08 10:49 AM
Monday, September 29, 2008 at 9:49 PM - Response #4

I like the new wider format!!! Would like it even better if the leftmost column (Navigation Panel) had stayed the same width and only the center "meat" column had expanded... but, that's just my 2 cents worth!!!

You guys do such a WONDERFUL job!

R

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 at 12:03 AM - Response #5

The design you are using Ruth has not yet been widened. We will be widening the first 4 designs shortly.

Only designss 5 and 6 have been widened. They were widened precisely as you explained above. I.E. the left navigation area width did not increase at all -- only the body area availalbe for your content expanded.

Edited 09/30/08 1:54 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.