Thursday, September 10, 2009 at 8:28 AM

We've all heard Obama speak last night about health care reform. I sent an email out to everyone on my website encouraging them to take a survey that was created on Congressman Fleming (LA)website. I thought it was a good idea even though I don't usually speak out on political issues; but this is something that will affect ALL of us and our families in the future that I couldn't ignore something as important as this. As voters; we have a voice and we should use it. I think if people respond to this; Congress will hear what America thinks and hopefully act on it. Hopefully you will share this with your classmates and get the word out.
After listening to Obama last night speaking to Congress about Health Care Reform; I remembered an email that I had received earlier in the day and thought I'd share it with you. Perhaps you've already received it. Take the time to answer the survey as it will give Congress an idea of what voters are thinking. Please make it a point to pass this on to others as well. Be pro-active and let YOUR voice be heard. I've already answered it and I hope you do, too... It only takes a minute. Don't you think that whatever they vote in; they should be required to use the same plan as they plan to vote in for us? Why should they have a better health plan than us that WE as taxpayers pay for? Do yourself a favor and make your voice heard; if not for yourselves; but for your kids & grandkids. It'll affect their future as well as ours!

House Resolution 615 http://fleming.house.gov/

Please pass this on!

On Tuesday, the Senate health committee voted 12-11 in favor of a
two-page amendment courtesy of Republican Tom Coburn that would
require all Members and their staffs to enroll in any new
government-run health plan. Yet all Democrats — with the exceptions of
acting chairman Chris Dodd, Barbara Mikulski and Ted Kennedy via proxy
— voted nay.

It took me less than a minute to sign up to require our congressmen
and senators to drink at the same trough! Three cheers for
Congressman John Fleming of Louisiana!

Congressman John Fleming (Louisiana physician) has proposed an
amendment that would require congressmen and senators to take the same
healthcare plan they force on us (under proposed legislation they are
curiously exempt).

Congressman Fleming is encouraging people to go on his Website and
sign his petition (very simple - just first, last and email). I have
immediately done just that at: http://fleming.house.gov/index.html

Please urge as many people as you can to do the same!

If Congress forces this on the American people, the Congressmen should
have to accept the same level of health care for themselves and their
families.