ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Class Discussion Forums

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/06/15 09:24 AM Views: 1222 Replies: 14
Friday, November 6, 2015 at 9:24 AM

Is it possible to have e-discussions started where replies of classmates are shown on a "board" for all to see?

I'm asking so as to prevent 300 or so separate replies going into my classmates' email Inboxes on each topic.

If I'm out in left field in my question, what other ways are there to have class e-discussions over and above sending out a question on my profile?

Thanks so much.
We love Class Creator.

Jon

Friday, November 6, 2015 at 10:01 AM - Response #1

Have you tried the USER FORUMS? You can create a topic for discussion and then classmates can post their responses in the topic.

Friday, November 6, 2015 at 11:01 AM - Response #2

Thanks Kyle, I was thinking of going that route, but I just needed a "Go-Ahead Push" for confidence from someone like you. (I just didn't want to be embarrassed "In front of the Class" by a goof on my part particularly since we now have so many joined and we are trying to make only good first impressions without annoyance!)

I will proceed now, without hesitation, with the USER FORUM link.

Thanks again.

Monday, November 9, 2015 at 10:56 PM - Response #4

Hi,

I do not see a "USER FORUM" link on our class website. We're hoping to have a Forum Topic Discussion later this month.

http://www.ichs65.com

How do I go about accessing it? Am I overlooking it?

Thanks,
Jon

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 12:14 AM - Response #5

Under Admin Functions, click on Edit Site Pages. You'll see a User Forum link that you may activate.

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 12:20 AM - Response #6

Might not be there. The last I heard, new sites didn't have the Message Forum or User Forum. But Scott or Kyle can turn on those pages.

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 12:37 AM - Response #7

Thanks for the great info! Appreciate it and so speedy.

Jon

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 12:38 AM - Response #8

Thanks. It worked! Appreciate it.

Friday, December 18, 2015 at 1:01 AM - Response #9

I need a discussion page where classmates can discuss an upcoming event. All I can find is the 'What's New' page. I need something dedicated to the actual event. I can't find anything that works. I have tried a couple of ideas, but can't delete them after I find I can't use them.

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 at 10:23 PM - Response #10

I don't get it, you and others mention a User Forum listing but there's no such thing showing when I go Edit Site Pages. So frustrating if we're accessing/using different products.

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 at 10:31 PM - Response #11

Can Scott or Kyle please turn on the 'User Forum' and 'File Vault' sites for me and let me know what other sites I'm missing. I'm not appreciating this "hide & seek game your systems deficiencies creates.

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 at 10:32 PM - Response #12

Tim,

A change was made a while ago and admins now need to ask for the User Forums if they want them. I added them to your website. You will see it now on Edit Site Pages.

Sorry, but I also reset your "next steps" menu, so if you finished the "next steps", just go in and check everything off again.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 at 12:52 AM - Response #13

Kyle,
I am using the 'What's New' page with great success. Is it possible to have an additional class forum for discussion of an upcoming event? I've tried using a survey, and some other things, but they just won't work out. The forum is the best way.

Thanks,

Dale

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 at 8:03 AM - Response #14

You can only have one User Forum link. You "User Forum" page is called "75th Birthday Connection". To add a new topic, click the "75th Birthday Connection" and click the "Add/Edit Forums" button, then "Add New Forum" button.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.