ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Contact Info that I uploaded

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/22/12 11:00 PM Views: 1175 Replies: 3
Sunday, April 22, 2012 at 11:00 PM

When I uploaded our class list it contained address, phone and email info that we had from the last reunion. When a classamte first signs up it seems like none of that info is seen by them and instead blank fields are there for them to enter from scratch. Is that correct? I guess I'd like the info we have for them to come up and have them make any changes to it. Unless I'm not understanding how that all works.

Also what email address is used to do an email blast? does it only send to those that have registered and use that registration email, or if I have emails from before uploaded will it send to all emails in that field?

Thanks, really rejoying CC and having fun setting thinks up. Looking forward to getting the word out and hoping using this will help stir interest in our reunion.

Sunday, April 22, 2012 at 11:17 PM - Response #1

The reason that the classmate sees a blank address is because sometimes the admin has paid a professional research company to find the classmates. If the classmate then deleted that information, it would be lost. For that reason, we show the classmate a blank screen. If they leave the field blank, you still have the addresses that you uploaded or that the admin typed in. It is working correctly.

Any e-mail addresses in the system are used when you do email the class. The e-mail that the classmate types in will replace the e-mail that you have for the classmate. You can also have alternate e-mail addresses and the email the class will go to those e-mail addresses, too.

Thanks for using ClassCreator.com. Hope you continue to enjoy using it.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 3:35 PM - Response #2

Just so I know I'm understanding what you are saying about contact info...if you have someones phone number already in the db and while they are filling out their info they choose not to enter it, what was uploaded will remain there? In which case itn't it possible to have a new address entered by them but an incorrect phone #?

Is there an option to have what you have uploaded appear for them to review and update?

Thanks

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 3:49 PM - Response #3

Lorraina,

There is no option to show what you already have.

There are two phone fields and two address fields that the admin can see. If the classmate has entered a phone number, the admin will see that phone number. If the classmate left that field blank, you will see the phone number uploaded or inserted by you. The same is true of the address field, if the classmate leaves it blank, you will see the one you uploaded or added yourself.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.