ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

How to Erase Password

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/15/08 08:24 PM Views: 1292 Replies: 6
Saturday, November 15, 2008 at 8:24 PM

We have several classmates who have given up their e-mail addresses. I can delete the e-mail address but not the password. Is there a secret to doing this?
R

Saturday, November 15, 2008 at 8:36 PM - Response #1

Every account must have a password. You can always change it to something nobody would know. Or you can delete a Classmate account. But you can't completely delete a password. The password is a required system field for an account to exist.

Saturday, November 15, 2008 at 9:34 PM - Response #2

Hmmm! I guess I don't understand.Confused Classmates who have not joined don't have a password. Is it possible to reset this particular classmate back to that status? I don't want to delete the field, just clear the contents. My fear is, if I clear the e-mail field and leave an unknown password, the classmate would not be able to able to set up his/her page because the password would fail.
R

Saturday, November 15, 2008 at 10:02 PM - Response #3

Just delete the Classmate. Then re-add the Classmate.

Saturday, November 15, 2008 at 11:22 PM - Response #4

Or just set their password to "x" or something. If there's no email address on the account it doesn't really matter WHAT the password is.

Sunday, November 16, 2008 at 12:14 AM - Response #5

Now I'm truly perplexed! Things I just did:

1 - Added a (guest) classmate (Ruth Test as first name and no other info) to show as guest. There was place for e-address but not password.

2 - It saved without asking for a password.

3 - Added another (guest) classmate (Ruth Test2 as first name and jiberrish in some other fields, not e-mail) to show as guest

4 - It saved without asking for a password.

5 - Added another classmate (Ruth Noshow with no other info) to not show.

6 - It wanted a password. I entered "x" (without the quotes)

How does "Ruth Noshow" get in to the site when no e-address has been included? The "help" for "DO NOT SHOW ON CLASS LIST" says: "Select this option if you don't want this Member to show up anywhere on your site, but allow Member full access to view your site and participate in forums. Note: Members who do not show on your Class List DO NOT HAVE PROFILES that can be edited or read by other Classmates."

I've used the option of "do not show" for classmates we want to keep records on but who do not want to be contacted at all, don't want to even be shown on the members list.

Oh arrgh! Now I have me confused! Hmmm! I may be starting to understand the philosophy, however, it will take the light of dawn for it to materialize! Confused Confused Confused
R

Sunday, November 16, 2008 at 3:59 AM - Response #6

Ah it's not so hard Ruth. Smile

Regular members, and displaying guests, don't need a pasword because they can both join your site and assign their own password. Once somebody has joined, now they've got an acount with a real password, and that password can no longer be removed.

Now, if you add a Guest Member who does not display, this kind of guest member cannot join your site like Classamtes or Displaying Guests can. Thus you, the Admin, have to assign and give the non displaying guest member their password so they can get into your site. Simple as that.

Edited 11/16/08 4:14 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.