ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Power point slide show

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/13/16 07:32 AM Views: 1258 Replies: 5
Friday, May 13, 2016 at 7:32 AM

One of my classmates asked if we could put a power point slide show onto our website. I believe it is the one we used for our In Memory show at the reunion. I did a search through the Forum and found some old posts talking about converting the file to Flash and another one where it was suggested that the file be put in the file vault, but warned that other classmates would have to have the power point software to view it.

Since these posts were several years ago, I was wondering if there is now an easier way to do this.

Friday, May 13, 2016 at 11:49 AM - Response #1

You can upload your Powerpoint presentation into Slideshare.com and convert it where it will give you an embed code that can be used on your website. We used Powerpoint slideshows for our "In Memory" section. We have a 5-yr website, classes of '59-'63, and a slideshow was created for each year. I uploaded each Powerpoint document into www.slideshare.com and anytime I have an addition, I add it to my Powerpoint document and then go to slideshare and re-upload the document for the addition. Works like a charm. Good luck.

Edited 05/13/16 11:50 AM
Friday, May 13, 2016 at 1:34 PM - Response #2

Thanks I was having the same problem

Monday, May 16, 2016 at 9:48 AM - Response #3

I have a Powerpoint (.ppt file) that has music with it, but it doesn't appear that Slideshare supports sound???? Is there another option or service that does?

Monday, May 16, 2016 at 12:20 PM - Response #4

Convert it to video and post on YouTube. You could also run a screen capture program and do the same thing.

2010 has that option LINK

Search for "powerpoint to video" and there are other programs. Here are some LINK

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 at 8:46 AM - Response #5

Thanks Jack... You are definitely da man!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.