ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Nickname

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/02/09 05:29 PM Views: 1410 Replies: 6
Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 5:29 PM

Can I add a field "Nickname" to classmates' profiles so that it shows up in the list?

Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 5:46 PM - Response #1

You can add that and any other question you want to in Profile Generator, under Admin Functions.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 7:24 PM - Response #2

True, although no it will not show in the Class list. The names and icons there can get pretty long as it is, and when they do they truncate. Adding more would cause the names to truncate even more, but having said that you could always add the nickname in the first name field. E.G.

First Name: John "Scooter"
Last Name: Doe

Like I said, doing that could cause the name to truncate a little bit, but you could certainly do it.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 8:25 PM - Response #3

Dang, Marian, how'd you get that cool purple hand to write your name on your e-mail signature??? Did you do that through Class Creator? Or something else?

Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 8:48 PM - Response #4

Ronna Snyder wrote:

Dang, Marian, how'd you get that cool purple hand to write your name on your e-mail signature??? Did you do that through Class Creator? Or something else?

Hi Ronna,

I got the signature gif at:

http://www.longbraid.com/Sigs_AnimatedQuill.html

Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 7:45 AM - Response #5

Brad Switzer wrote:

True, although no it will not show in the Class list. The names and icons there can get pretty long as it is, and when they do they truncate. Adding more would cause the names to truncate even more, but having said that you could always add the nickname in the first name field. E.G.

First Name: John "Scooter"
Last Name: Doe

Like I said, doing that could cause the name to truncate a little bit, but you could certainly do it.

Brad,
I thought that in the past I have read issues (can't remember anything specifically, though) from admins with using quotations around nicknames...is that still creating a problem for folks, and if so, is there a way around it?
Thanks!
Vicki

Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 3:20 PM - Response #6

Nope, quotes in a name should work fine.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.