ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Concerns growing

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/27/20 12:50 PM Views: 407 Replies: 9
Saturday, June 27, 2020 at 12:50 PM

I took a look at the Class Creator Facebook page and there has been no activity on there for 4 weeks now. Should we be concerned?

I don't want to have to resort to writing to them but as we're getting no responses to anything we say or ask now, I'm becoming increasingly concerned.

Is anyone on the Forums actually in direct contact with them?

Saturday, June 27, 2020 at 1:43 PM - Response #1

It seems the CC Facebook page serves mainly as a means of communication when the main site is down, as in this latest migration. So, I wouldn't put much stock in no activity for the last 4 weeks. I'm still able to get through to CC Admin via email for an answer to a problem. My intuition tells me there's intense work behind the scenes trying to resolve the migration issues. I'm sure CC is as frustrated as we are.

Saturday, June 27, 2020 at 1:57 PM - Response #2

Thanks, Scott, but once again I wish I had your confidence. I'm still waiting for a reply to an email I sent. It may not be their priority but it is one of mine. Just a simple recognition that they're received the email is all it takes. I don't think it's too much to ask.

Saturday, June 27, 2020 at 2:08 PM - Response #3

Facebook is also pretty DEAD on this topic. Indeed there is absolutely nothing current or much of anything at all. A post I made was actually removed about the "invalidtag" problem.

I think there's a much broader issue here, since if no code was changed (Jessica) then the underlying system must be different.

Monday, July 6, 2020 at 2:58 AM - Response #4

We do monitor Facebook, however, most people only use it when these forums are down. Not sure what happened with your post Jack - we don't remove posts.

On the sites we have had to change some code as a result of several things not functioning as they did in the prior configuration. When we switched to the cloud based environment we also choose to upgrade to the latest versions of absolutely everything and somethings that appeared to function well on our internal testing ended up behaving a bit differently when it went live on the full scale.

We are still here and we continue to focus on the primary issue of the duplicates. I think you are all on the other posts but I'm going to add it here as well in case someone else is reading this.

We are testing the solution and will apply it after we test it. The following is the same thing I posted in other post regarding the update.

This issue is still a top priority and the programmers are running several tests on the fix over the next few days before we implement it across the board. In the meantime we have a script that runs each hour to clean up any duplicates that are still happening - the only time it does not clear a duplicate is if both instances have received a unique response as removing it would remove the response as well.

The underlying issue is the top priority for the programmers and they have had to rework an area that threads through many other aspects of the site so it is a bit more delicate than it sounds. We will test and monitor the fix and then apply it everywhere.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, July 6, 2020 at 1:32 PM - Response #5

Jessica wrote:

We do monitor Facebook, however, most people only use it when these forums are down. Not sure what happened with your post Jack - we don't remove posts.

All I know for sure that I posted it (since there was no response here) and it was there for a while. Even now there are no updates by CC on the current issues. It could be a valuable communication resource Idea [First post here should be of concern to CC.]

I said "the underlying system must be different." which you confirmed. However, inferring that existing regular code no longer works like it used to? That's pretty weird. So did you change some code before you switched? (excluding configuration files) Or was the code not done correctly?

Edited 07/06/20 1:36 PM
Monday, July 6, 2020 at 2:34 PM - Response #6

Jack,

The code worked fine under the prior configuration and duplicates were not an issue during testing - it became clear after the migration that several things in the What's New area were not responding as they had before and during testing - the code is more complicated than other areas of the site and interacts with the entire site pulling information in from other areas and updating other areas. We are testing a solution and want to test it a bit further before we roll it out across the board.

We are working to get caught up and working with the programmers on testing. Historically we have typically been able to get to these posts faster.

Jessica

Monday, July 6, 2020 at 2:43 PM - Response #7

Thanks Jessica,

The GOOD News:
The Dupe Erasing script is working - I posted a comment to a classmates post - the comment duplicated and 30 minutes later, the dupe was GONE {YEA}
Also good news, Email the class has not had any hiccups sine the last fix - just sent a mass email with a JPEG insert and it hit my inbox in 5 minutes.

No BAD news... so far.Very Happy

Thanks for all the hard work you and the CC team are putting in to fix this debacle.

Monday, July 6, 2020 at 3:33 PM - Response #8

Duplicates continue today on our website. I delete any duplicate when I see it.

Monday, July 6, 2020 at 4:08 PM - Response #9

Still duplicating on mine too, Elena but I'm not deleting the duplicates anymore just in case it confuses what they're doing at CC. Their fix is meant to be duplicating the duplicates so I'll give them a little more time.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.