ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Post Announcement without Emailing it?

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 05/02/23 11:16 AM Views: 294 Replies: 4
Tuesday, May 2, 2023 at 11:16 AM

Is there a way to post an announcement, but not email it? One of our admins already used a "Email Class" to do an email, but I was going to put it in an announcement, too...in case folks weren't checking email. I don't see an option to post announcement without emailing...
How can I do that?
Thanks,
rick

Tuesday, May 2, 2023 at 11:41 AM - Response #1

Under Admin Functions > Edit Site Pages > Home Page, you'll see under the Content Area at the top, there's a section titled Announcements, where you may post announcements on the home page. These are not emailed but are simply posted to the home page.

Edited 05/02/23 11:41 AM
Tuesday, May 2, 2023 at 11:50 AM - Response #2

Oh, good.
I've seen that section, Admin Functions > Edit Site Pages > Home Page,and I've edited them and expired them before...

But somehow I thought that a new Announcement was going to be emailed to everyone, and couldn't find the "don't email" option...
Not sure where I got the idea that Announcements were emailed AND posted in the home page (under announcements section).
Thanks very much!
-rickvv

Tuesday, May 2, 2023 at 12:55 PM - Response #3

Hi Rick,

There is an option to email them. You aren't seeing it because you have announcements deactivated entirely right now in your home page > right hand modules top section > announcements.

You have it inactive for logged in and not logged in and I don't see any active announcements within the announcements section.

Your home page content can also email updates if you have it checked (or check it if you have it unchecked by default).

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Tuesday, May 2, 2023 at 5:47 PM - Response #4

Oh, migosh, Jessica.
I did see that after making Announcements active, and as I get ready to activate that announcement, now I see the 'email' option.

Thank you for your patience. You rock.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.