ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Loading animated .gif files

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/15/13 04:03 PM Views: 1312 Replies: 9
Wednesday, May 15, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Sometimes when I load an animated .gif clip art on our site, the clip art works properly and sometimes it just sits there doing nothing. If I take the same clip art and open it in IrfanView and Mozilla Firefox it works the way it should. Is there anything I can do to get it to work properly on our site?

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 at 4:21 PM - Response #1

It is important with animated gifs that you load them into the system at the size you intend on using them. If you manipulate the size once in the editor, the animation will not play.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 at 4:47 PM - Response #2

Thank you.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 at 5:15 PM - Response #3

I just tried it out on a animated .gif that we had tried so hard to get it to work and it never did, now it works fine. You guys are the "BEST"!!Very HappyVery Happy

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 at 5:30 PM - Response #4

Smile Thanks

Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 5:37 PM - Response #5

Thanks for asking this, Andre. It is a good bit of info to remember. For that reason, we have a new item on our TAP home page... TIP of the WEEK sharing Scott's reply. Very Happy

Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 5:40 PM - Response #6

WooHoo - I made the TAP homepage. Smile

Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 12:58 PM - Response #7

I keep having problems with animations working on my site. I don't manipulate the size and it still won't work. I've tried uploading it using Chrome and it doesn't work there either. I'm not sure if it's because I'm using a higher IE or what?? GRRRRR!!!

Monday, June 24, 2013 at 12:34 PM - Response #8

It might be possible that the image that you are uploading is already too large (too wide) for the default size and I think the Programmer might be resizing these images automatically to fit the screen. If this is happening, then the gif will no longer be animated. Can you add a link here to show me the image you are trying to upload to the site? Just add the link to the image where it currently resides on the web.

Monday, June 24, 2013 at 10:44 PM - Response #9

Well I think I found out why my gif's are not working for the most part. None of my gif's are opening/working on my computer...not really sure why so I'll have to check it out first.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.