ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Birthday List

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/08/11 10:16 AM Views: 1142 Replies: 5
Monday, August 8, 2011 at 10:16 AM

I have a class member whose birthday is 8/15, and was not being displayed.

I should tell you that I was alerted to this issue by her twin sister, so obviously they were born on the same day.

At the sister's request, I went into her profile, discovered that the birthday was not entered in her profile, so I entered it myself, and promptly congratulated myself for being such a genius.

Well, it still does not display her name and birthday. I went into the "edit home page" and cycled the 'display birthdays' on and off, same result.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Monday, August 8, 2011 at 10:27 AM - Response #1

Maybe the classmate doesn't want that information known even though their twin's information is showing.

Check out the question in the profile that looks like this:
Birthday:        
       Allow Classmates to view my Birthday. This option allows Classmates to see your Date of Birth in your Profile and on the home page 30 days prior to your Birthday.

Monday, August 8, 2011 at 11:36 AM - Response #2

Already did that.

Monday, August 8, 2011 at 11:52 AM - Response #3

What are the initials of the classmate

Monday, August 8, 2011 at 11:56 AM - Response #4

TP

Monday, August 8, 2011 at 12:02 PM - Response #5

There are two different birthday areas shown in the same place. The first one is the ADMIN ENTERED birthday. When a classmate signs in the first time, if they leave the birthday field blank, it is assumed that they don't want to have their birthday known to classmates (even if their birthday is the same as their twin sister's birthday).

If the classmate enters a birthday, then you will see that birthday in your Manage Classmates/DETAILS page for that classmate. If they didn't enter a birthday, you will see the birthday that you originally had there.

There is nothing you can do to make that birthday appear unless you login as that classmate and enter the birthday as if you were them or if the classmate logs in and enters the birthday.

The information that an admin enters for the classmate will not display because that kind of information is considered private.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.