ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Icon

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/18/15 08:19 PM Views: 1397 Replies: 6
Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 8:19 PM

Love the new Icon feature! It is way better than imagined. I really like that it is completely custom.

I really like your icons on top of this page. Since our mascot is an Owl can you let me use this?

Thanks for the Icons. We are going to have a lot of fun with this. It will really help drive some people back to our site.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 at 1:18 PM - Response #1

I don't understand how using some icons can bring classmates back to the website. I watched a little bit of the video. Granted, I need to watch it again and try and understand what this is all about.. Where do I put the icons, by classmate's names, on their profiles ? I don't want to upset anybody.... If I want some icons, I just go to Google images or other image and gif websites.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 at 1:54 PM - Response #2

I have a question in the profiles as to why and when a classmate's family first came to town. Fewer responded than hoped for and after time it was difficult to find those who did.

I've added an icon for those who did/do respond. Now everyone can easily find those having an entry in that field. I'm expecting this will encourage some of the others returning to the site to enter their stories too. Time will tell.

Check your e-mail for a message from Brad that link to a video on how to use this new feature. It can also be found here.

Edited 08/19/15 1:56 PM
Wednesday, August 19, 2015 at 2:09 PM - Response #3

Love the positive note about the icons, Ray!

Lynda, once you watch the complete video you'll learn about getting icons. Brad covered it pretty well.

Good question to add to the Profile Generator, FC! I may use that on my alumni site. Appreciate the info! What did you use for the icon... a house?

FC, I am looking for good icons to represent 10th, 15th, 20th... reunions. I have a question: "I attended the following reunions". Adding icons about reunion attendance may be another traffic draw. Once I find them, load them and announce the new addition... time will tell.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 at 2:20 PM - Response #4

I used an actual photo of Main Street in our little town. It's not really discernable as to what it is as an icon but it is distinctive.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 at 3:45 PM - Response #5

I watched the complete video, still don't think it's applicable to my class website. We've been out of school for 55 yrs, the website is about 9 yrs old now and everybody who wants to join, has done so. I could see if the website was new and you wanted to get creative with the Profile Generator, these icons would be fun.. My classmates have already answered profile questions and I can't think of any new questions.. Don't think they would answer them anyway.. But, I appreciate all of the new and innovative ideas CC comes up with.

Friday, August 21, 2015 at 3:48 PM - Response #6

I think the icon will help get people back to they each join their own little club. I am thinking Band, Sports (football, baseball, basketball etc.), Government, Math, and more. I think the more people who do this the more the others will want to do it too.
IMHO

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.